Poorly bike

Having a bit of trouble? Maybe we can help.
Loose Sprockets
Reactions:
Re: Poorly bike

Post by Loose Sprockets » 23 Jun 2015, 10:28

Soviet wrote:My mates Hornet went through a similar episode - ran but kept blowing fuses and then died - Reg/Rect - he got one off EBay but it failed straight off - eventually a Honda one went in and all good ... There are some reliable pattern parts but getting the right one is the trick ...

It does sound like a new Reg / Rect may be needed ? - can be common on certain bike models
The hornet is a Honda anyway, it should have had a Honda reg rec in as it is, that was probably his mistake ;)

Soviet
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Soviet » 23 Jun 2015, 18:21

;)
Loose Sprockets wrote:The hornet is a Honda anyway, it should have had a Honda reg rec in as it is, that was probably his mistake ;)
? The Honda's (esp Hornet) are reliable but it was the Honda original item failed - he tried a cheap fix but in the end had to get a replacement oem - the main point is that the symptoms could point to a reg/rect issue - he had similar issues...no mistake to report I reckon...

Bradders
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Bradders » 24 Jun 2015, 19:17

Ok so I've put the new battery on and it's turning over...all lights work apart from the neutral light I've pulled one of the ht leads from the spark plug and put a plug in it to spin it over to see if it sparks and there's is no spark

Ideas anyone?

paulb
VIP
Reactions:

Post by paulb » 24 Jun 2015, 23:20

If no spark could be coil pack....

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bradders
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Bradders » 26 Jun 2015, 16:06

Ok I've got a gpx600 sat in the cave with a couple of coil packs on. I know they have two hot leads to each one but only spark at the same time. The question is will it do any damage to connect one of those to my bike just to check for a spark at the plug? ...just thinking so I don't have to spend money on something I don't need

Dooffle
Reactions:

Post by Dooffle » 04 Jul 2015, 21:44

Bradders wrote:Ok I've got a gpx600 sat in the cave with a couple of coil packs on. I know they have two hot leads to each one but only spark at the same time. The question is will it do any damage to connect one of those to my bike just to check for a spark at the plug? ...just thinking so I don't have to spend money on something I don't need

Should be fine it's just a trigger wire.

Is your oil light on as well?

If our neural light is not on and no spark check clutch and side stand switches. ;)

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 23 Jul 2015, 23:39

Are you in tomorrow evening? I have a set of plug testers (look like a hollow plug with a diode inside) and some spare coils and stuff here. If, however, some inconsiderate sole doesn't flip their truck on the motorway tomorrow and you manage to sort the issue with a CDI from Hills, still let me know, i have lots of tools here for testing after the issues with my nelli.

Bradders
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Bradders » 24 Jul 2015, 09:35

rumpoldstilskin wrote:Are you in tomorrow evening? I have a set of plug testers (look like a hollow plug with a diode inside) and some spare coils and stuff here. If, however, some inconsiderate sole doesn't flip their truck on the motorway tomorrow and you manage to sort the issue with a CDI from Hills, still let me know, i have lots of tools here for testing after the issues with my nelli.

I finish work at 10:45 and going straight to hills then barbers for my wig cut then I'll be in all afternoon but have to go out at 5 to go the gym( got to get the perv session in) then I'll be home all night Image

Bradders
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Bradders » 24 Jul 2015, 12:19

https://vimeo.com/134399215
She lives Image now I've just got to remember where everything goes Image

Bradders
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Bradders » 24 Jul 2015, 14:48