Power comander

Having a bit of trouble? Maybe we can help.
johnnyrotten13
Reactions:
Re: Power comander

Post by johnnyrotten13 » 04 May 2015, 22:23

Pacuk wrote:Just had a look at otc, £40 per hour, how many hours does it generally take.. Also if I want to download a map what leads and software would I require as it comes as shown in the picture with nothing else invluded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i bought a lead for mine for about a quid its usb on one side and a mini usb on the other same as you use for cameras ect,they've got um in asda then go to the power commander website download the latest firmware then download the map pack for your bike plug your laptop into your power commander make sure your throttle position (see video belowon how to do it)is set to zero in the map file then download whatever map you need
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf9FOeefo2M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pacuk
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Pacuk » 05 May 2015, 09:52

Got one ordered so I'll see if I can find a decent map before whilst I save up for a proper setup, cheers for the help

Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Stumoores » 05 May 2015, 17:54

Have a good read up. Some of em need O2 delete and throttle position wire taps.
Revving the bollox off it since 1982

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 05 May 2015, 21:21

Pacuk wrote:Just had a look at otc, £40 per hour, how many hours does it generally take.. Also if I want to download a map what leads and software would I require as it comes as shown in the picture with nothing else invluded

literally just set mine up again using a simple laptop, the DynoJet software and a map. The cable usually comes with the kit but if not I have loads of spare ones at mine, it's a USB cable called an A To B. £1 from poundland

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:
Power comander

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 05 May 2015, 21:22

Stumoores wrote:Have a good read up. Some of em need O2 delete and throttle position wire taps.
plus one for TPS wire tap, usually centre wire on a 3 wire TPS.
Make sure the kit you are buying hasn't been chopped
Last edited by rumpoldstilskin on 05 May 2015, 21:26, edited 1 time in total.

Pacuk
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Pacuk » 05 May 2015, 21:25

rumpoldstilskin wrote:

literally just set mine up again using a simple laptop, the DynoJet software and a map. The cable usually comes with the kit but if not I have loads of spare ones at mine, it's a USB cable called an A To B. £1 from poundland
Its a used pc3 I've ordered, I think I need the usb and a 9v adaptor to power it whilst you put the maps on.. Going to wait till it arrives first just incase it does have them..

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:
Power comander

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 05 May 2015, 21:30

Pacuk wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:

Its a used pc3 I've ordered, I think I need the usb and a 9v adaptor to power it whilst you put the maps on.. Going to wait till it arrives first just incase it does have them..

nah you don't need the 9v adapter, don't even think of spending your hard earned moolah. Even if you did want to power it away from the bike it's just a bog standard 9v rectangle battery you can buy anywhere and two wires to a pin each.
But f**k all that. Plug it into the bike and ground it to the - ive terminal and tap into the TPS wire using a line tap/clasp/splice or whatever you want (I prefer removable) and turn on the ignition (disconnect the headlight if you want to save your battery.

With the program open and the wire connecting the PC3 and laptop you click add map and hey presto you're done.

(Ish. Choose bike, can, air filter etc and what map you want) simple as. Easier than making a good brew or satisfying your women plus you won't have bad breath or need a shower afterward, just a sweet running bike :)
Last edited by rumpoldstilskin on 05 May 2015, 21:44, edited 1 time in total.

Pacuk
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Pacuk » 05 May 2015, 21:37

rumpoldstilskin wrote:
Pacuk wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:literally just set mine up again using a simple laptop, the DynoJet software and a map. The cable usually comes with the kit but if not I have loads of spare ones at mine, it's a USB cable called an A To B. £1 from poundland

nah you don't need the 9v adapter, don't even think of eating your hard earned moolah. Even if you didn't want to power it away from the bike it's just a bog standard 9v rectangle battery you can buy anywhere and two wires to a pin each.
But f**k all that. Plug it into the bike and ground it to the - ive terminal and tap into the TPS wire using a line tap/clasp/splice or whatever you want (I prefer removable) and turn on the ignition (disconnect the headlight if you want to save your battery.

With the program open and the wire connecting the PC3 and laptop you click add map and hey presto you're done.

(Ish. Choose bike, can, air filter etc and what map you want) simple as. Easier than making a good brew or satisfying your women plus you won't have bad breath or need a shower afterward, just a sweet running bike :)
All this tap/splice/clasping talk goes way over my head if I'm being honest I'm crap with electrics...

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 05 May 2015, 21:48

Literally a kid could do it, a piece of wire 12" long rated for 12amp+ or the one that is already on the PC3 loom and one of any of these and you're done.
ImageImage
No wire cutting involved, you may have to bare the end of the wire from the PC3 TPS wire is all and your teeth can do that if you don't have side cutters.

Literally straight forward line tapping :)

Be a man and try it :)

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 05 May 2015, 21:51

This is the simpler type to fit below (I've got loads spare too) but the above is more removable as you just pull out the spade connector