Mobile Phone Data Transfer

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
norifan
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Mobile Phone Data Transfer

Post by norifan » 21 May 2017, 13:30

If you look at your apps etc there should be one called "transfer my data" and it transfers contacts via bluetooth. It worked for me, unless it is just on windows phones.

Topper
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Topper » 21 May 2017, 14:51

Hi all
many thanks for your brilliant advice. I have managed to transfer all my data from old to new. SWMBO did it for me :lol:
:D Manners cost nowt.......so.....use em!! :D

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 21 May 2017, 21:20

Topper wrote:Hi all
many thanks for your brilliant advice. I have managed to transfer all my data from old to new. SWMBO did it for me Image
Glad you're sorted, saved me some typing

All I would say is check your contacts are saving to your Google account, and download Google Drive / Google Photos and set it to backup your photos (I'd suggest checking it only uploads over wifi to save your data, it'll just do it when you're connected to wifi then)... Photos can either upload photos at full quality and you have limited space which you can upgrade at a cost, or upload at 'high quality' (not quite full quality, but good enough for most things) for free...

Both of these are a good idea to do now not just so you don't have anything if you swap phone, but also in case you drop your phone and it breaks - at least you have a backup of everything.

Final bit of advice, the more you rely on online services, make sure your passwords are good, and you've set up two step verification on your Google account... https://www.google.com/landing/2step/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Topper
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Topper » 21 May 2017, 22:22

cheers pal
:D Manners cost nowt.......so.....use em!! :D

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 03 Jun 2017, 01:15

Just heads up anyone else needs this in settings accounts on Android select your Google account make sure contacts and Google drive are selected click the three dots top right click sync, now whenever you get new Android phone use Google account will sync all contacts pics ecerything