Scotland or Wales

Talk about anything bike related.
Andrew Bloomer
Reactions:
Re: Scotland or Wales

Post by Andrew Bloomer » 09 May 2017, 13:58

Beechy wrote:Scotland mate up round Oban is really nice lovely winding roads hardly any traffic or plod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just come back from a trip to Scotland and this road is one of the best I've ever ridden. Fantastic road with even better scenery...

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 09 May 2017, 15:10

But the midge .......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-h ... s-39847894" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

Richie848evo
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Richie848evo » 09 May 2017, 20:52

Just had two days in Scotland reports on the news it's going to be a bumper year for midges

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bladeaddict
Reactions:

Post by bladeaddict » 13 May 2017, 21:40

Just returned from completing the NC 500. Didn't see any police and not one mig. Epic roads and scenery but not the best roads on a sports bike.

Pacuk
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Pacuk » 16 May 2017, 15:53

bladeaddict wrote:Just returned from completing the NC 500. Didn't see any police and not one mig. Epic roads and scenery but not the best roads on a sports bike.
How many days would you recommend for the trip including up and down from northwest??

Dave
Reactions:

Post by Dave » 16 May 2017, 22:01

ride up to Inverness, This is the start point
Day 2 up to O groats, across to Durness.
Day 3 Down to Ullapool over Apple cross. to Oban or Loch LOmond
Day 4 Head home

This would be the min. You should try to do a week really so you see more
:

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 17 May 2017, 07:14

2009 I did a landmarks event.
Day 1, Up to Moffat and scooped the Grey Mares tail, then bagged some Jedburgh snails, took some snaps of the 3 bridges of Berwick on Tweed and camped south of Edinburgh.
Day 2, Falkirk wheel, up through the Cairngorm and snapped the Nigg Cromarty ferry and camped on the peninsular.
Day 3, Olde Wick Castle, JoG, Doonray, two other land marks on the N coast, then the Stoer light house before camping in Ullapool.
Day 4, Llanclacan church in Applecross, the Sheriff of Carlton Creek statue in Glasgow and home.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

bladeaddict
Reactions:

Post by bladeaddict » 17 May 2017, 22:44

Pacuk wrote:
bladeaddict wrote:Just returned from completing the NC 500. Didn't see any police and not one mig. Epic roads and scenery but not the best roads on a sports bike.
How many days would you recommend for the trip including up and down from northwest??
One day to Inverness, Day two over to Applecross, Day three to Ullapool, Day four to Durness, Day five to Wick, Day 6 back to Inverness and back on the A82 via Loch Ness Fort William etc. Did plan and stopping again around Carlisle but felt good and carried home to cheshire. Had a week off work so just took my time enjoying the views and food. One bloke cycled it in 30hrs so a long weekend is easily possible.

Not the best roads for a sport bike though.
80% bikes I saw where gs 1200 and the rest triumph tiger or something similar.

Pacuk
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Pacuk » 18 May 2017, 05:30

bladeaddict wrote:
Pacuk wrote:
One day to Inverness, Day two over to Applecross, Day three to Ullapool, Day four to Durness, Day five to Wick, Day 6 back to Inverness and back on the A82 via Loch Ness Fort William etc. Did plan and stopping again around Carlisle but felt good and carried home to cheshire. Had a week off work so just took my time enjoying the views and food. One bloke cycled it in 30hrs so a long weekend is easily possible.

Not the best roads for a sport bike though.
80% bikes I saw where gs 1200 and the rest triumph tiger or something similar.

Cheers pal, I've got 5 days off at the end of June so might take a trip up. I'm just about to drive back from fort William now but it's not as much fun in a wagon..

Richie848evo
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Richie848evo » 18 May 2017, 06:51

Also off at the end of June might be doing another trip somewhere and today off into wales