what the feck have i done

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
Daveace22
Reactions:
Re: what the feck have i done

Post by Daveace22 » 21 Oct 2016, 18:51

lee wrote:Anyone can fit.
I did the same on a house i owned.
Got the council to inspect and certify.
The reason for fensa registration is for the exact same reason.
Cos anyone can fit.
The scheme was designed to try and weed out the cowboys.
Members need to offer guarantees etc (10 years when i was in that game).
All the bigger firms register as its a good selling point.

Smaller firms dont bother and get work with lower prices.

Ive seen both good and truly awful stuff from both when customers have needed a visit from the manufacturer.
Used to work for a upvc firm. The amount of jobs our engineers were called out to to fix dodgy fitting was ridiculous. We were the supplier and most of the cowboys just fobbed the customers off so we ended up doing it

Sent via bumblebee's radio

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 21 Oct 2016, 19:29

Daveace22 wrote:
Cos anyone can fit.

Ive seen both good and truly awful stuff from both when customers have needed a visit from the manufacturer.
Used to work for a upvc firm. The amount of jobs our engineers were called out to to fix dodgy fitting was ridiculous. We were the supplier and most of the cowboys just fobbed the customers off so we ended up doing it

Which one did you work for?
I was at pearl windows in westhoughton for about 6 years

Daveace22
Reactions:

Post by Daveace22 » 22 Oct 2016, 08:27

lee wrote:
Daveace22 wrote:
Cos anyone can fit.

Which one did you work for?
I was at pearl windows in westhoughton for about 6 years
Aplas in Westhoughton. Know a few lads from pearl though

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 22 Oct 2016, 20:52

Cos anyone can fit.

thought i said that lol yes all work undertaking has the cost of a building completion certificate this is for local council to come look at job before start then they come before any work is covered up then when finished this makes sure no corners are cut also why do people always shrug when you put plus vat on quote and say what if i pay cash,
Occams Razor wrote:
Dave wrote:dont forget to register with FENSA smudge good luck with the new job ....
yes im registered purely for vat reasons my and mrs eat out a lot,, i mean i have busness meetings :lol: entertaining clients if the receipt says vat its getting claimed.

also i had a play with business vehicle insurance and i can have 4 vehicles on policy van/car or bike yes thats correct £1800 a year so looks like the car new owner is going to be the business ..

so if anyone wants to pass me around heres my card

Dave
Reactions:

Post by Dave » 22 Oct 2016, 21:25

hey smudge ,,I've been in the business for along time, I am a member of the FRICS, so if you need any advice on anything ask away.

Are you VAT registered already ? and just a little tip ,a landline number/address always looks far more professional on a business card than just a mobile number. Gypos are commonly connected to working from just a mobile number and no address or office detail ...

building trade is booming at present if you have a decent customer database....good luck with the new venture
:

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 22 Oct 2016, 21:47

Dave wrote:hey smudge ,,I've been in the business for along time, I am a member of the FRICS, so if you need any advice on anything ask away.

Are you VAT registered already ? and just a little tip ,a landline number/address always looks far more professional on a business card than just a mobile number. Gypos are commonly connected to working from just a mobile number and no address or office detail ...

building trade is booming at present if you have a decent customer database....good luck with the new venture
i have landline and address which customers see first hand the card is just givern to them as a personal touch on quotation to contact me directly, yes vat registered ive got a job on quote that if accepted and customer is happy theres a 70k job to do which if im correct has to make me ltd comp.

@lee you worked at pearl then we must of bumped into each other there at some point also you may know
Mark Rowland

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 22 Oct 2016, 23:45

SMUDGER wrote:
Dave wrote:hey smudge ,,I've been in the business for along time, I am a member of the FRICS, so if you need any advice on anything ask away.

i have landline and address which customers see first hand the card is just givern to them as a personal touch on quotation to contact me directly, yes vat registered ive got a job on quote that if accepted and customer is happy theres a 70k job to do which if im correct has to make me ltd comp.

@lee you worked at pearl then we must of bumped into each other there at some point also you may know
Mark Rowland
Mark was at my interview but had left before i started.

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 23 Oct 2016, 00:05

lee wrote:
SMUDGER wrote:

Mark Rowland
Mark was at my interview but had left before i started.
he left started on his own made it big time millionaire now who ill be getting my frames from ive just rently worked for 8 mths at keyframe so i got to learn more of the trade than just fitting which is very handy

stewslash
Reactions:

Post by stewslash » 23 Oct 2016, 08:08

This all sounds great smudge , a million miles away from spraying a old CBR in your kitchen , pissed up in the middle of the night , good luck with your venture

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 23 Oct 2016, 21:54

stewslash wrote:This all sounds great smudge , a million miles away from spraying a old CBR in your kitchen , pissed up in the middle of the night , good luck with your venture Image

ive tried but the mrs wont allow my spray gear any were near house lol