What are you listening to?

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
norifan
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: What are you listening to?

Post by norifan » 05 Jan 2016, 09:27

None of mine are worth owt like that unfortunately, only in the hundreds rather than thousands, just nice things to have tho a bit like old bikes I suppose. I am only a bedroom busker really, I sang with a band for a year or so about 7 year back, really enjoyed it but was getting a bit long in the tooth even before I started and at some venues they cant resist the ageist comments, wish I started when I was younger. I always have a look in cash generator etc, ya never know what they might have in there.

Tomo
Reactions:

Post by Tomo » 05 Jan 2016, 18:17

Wow looks like we should meet up for a jam, seems to be an interest in the guitars!

I reckon they're more addictive than crack haha
I only bought my Tak last month, I've already got my eye on a nice Faith!
The most expensive for me was the Roland electronic kit, it's awesome! I got rid of the acoustic kit because the neighbours were moaning haha
I haven't played any gigs yet, but might have a look at an open mic night in the future.
I've been working on a tune called 'Anji' by Davy Graham..not the Simon & Garfunkel cover.
You're never too old, I'm 38 this year!

norifan
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by norifan » 05 Jan 2016, 22:05

Tomo wrote:Wow looks like we should meet up for a jam, seems to be an interest in the guitars!

I reckon they're more addictive than crack haha
I only bought my Tak last month, I've already got my eye on a nice Faith!
The most expensive for me was the Roland electronic kit, it's awesome! I got rid of the acoustic kit because the neighbours were moaning haha
I haven't played any gigs yet, but might have a look at an open mic night in the future.
I've been working on a tune called 'Anji' by Davy Graham..not the Simon & Garfunkel cover.
You're never too old, I'm 38 this year!
Well I'll be 59 this year and I was 50 when a workmate asked me to sing with his band, the next eldest was in his late 30's. It went pretty well I suppose looking back, wish I hadn't jacked so early really. Just managed 12 months . We were a decent covers band gigging round Rochdale & Oldham at least one night a week sometimes two. I do the occasional open mic night now & again. What is the Roland gear then??, ahh sorry just realised! The drums

Tomo
Reactions:

Post by Tomo » 06 Jan 2016, 06:03

The kit is the V drums with the TD-15 module, the stuff you can do with it I haven't fully explored just yet.
But it sounds great!

norifan
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by norifan » 06 Jan 2016, 07:23

Tomo wrote:The kit is the V drums with the TD-15 module, the stuff you can do with it I haven't fully explored just yet.
But it sounds great!
So you can play it pretty good then?

Tomo
Reactions:

Post by Tomo » 06 Jan 2016, 15:16

norifan wrote:
Tomo wrote:The kit is the V drums with the TD-15 module, the stuff you can do with it I haven't fully explored just yet.
But it sounds great!
Not atm mate, still learning.
I played as a teen up to about 15, then got an acoustic kit in 2014 as I wanted to get back into it, but it sounded gash with the practice pads on and the neighbors weren't happy when I didn't use them haha
The beauty of this is its all through the headphones or if you want to gig you can plug it into a PA system.
I'm just re learning the rudiments, I can throw some basic beats together with some fills, but that's as far as it's going for the time being. :)

norifan
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by norifan » 06 Jan 2016, 15:22

Tomo wrote:
norifan wrote:
But it sounds great!
Not atm mate, still learning.
I played as a teen up to about 15, then got an acoustic kit in 2014 as I wanted to get back into it, but it sounded gash with the practice pads on and the neighbors weren't happy when I didn't use them haha
The beauty of this is its all through the headphones or if you want to gig you can plug it into a PA system.
I'm just re learning the rudiments, I can throw some basic beats together with some fills, but that's as far as it's going for the time being. :)
Excellent, one of the bandmates had one of them electronic kits( not the drummer funnily enough) we practiced at his house occasionally using it, it was pretty good as I recall. Always fancied drums as a kid but I never got none.

Tomo
Reactions:

Post by Tomo » 06 Jan 2016, 18:02

I was always sceptical about the electronic kits, but they seem to be the future.
If I recall its got about 40 kits built in, plus you can add more.
You can adjust the sensitivity of the drum heads if you are a light or heavy hitter too.
The heads don't wear like skins, plus you can still accent the heads, do rim shots and mute the crash & ride cymbals after hitting them.
If you ever nip into Dawson's or a music shop, have a go of them mate.
Mine was 2k, but the cousins Roland was 6!
Mind he plays proper unlike me haha

norifan
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by norifan » 06 Jan 2016, 20:51

Tomo wrote:I was always sceptical about the electronic kits, but they seem to be the future.
If I recall its got about 40 kits built in, plus you can add more.
You can adjust the sensitivity of the drum heads if you are a light or heavy hitter too.
The heads don't wear like skins, plus you can still accent the heads, do rim shots and mute the crash & ride cymbals after hitting them.
If you ever nip into Dawson's or a music shop, have a go of them mate.
Mine was 2k, but the cousins Roland was 6!
Mind he plays proper unlike me haha
Wouldn't know where to start mate. Lol