Migrant crisis

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
Dave
Reactions:
Re: Migrant crisis

Post by Dave » 07 Sep 2015, 07:36

Bet Bob geldof and Bono will be penning a few lyrics soon ....
:

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 07 Sep 2015, 07:39

Soviet wrote:
Dave wrote:Great topic for a debate .
Agreed, but not much informed debate going on so far...would be good to consider the solid and more complex issues rather than the number of mosques in Britain or the misconception that ethnic people bleed the benefits system....
in liverpool by the philharmonic there was a huge 2/3 storey building designed and built as student halls. Now it houses over a 1000 immigrants awaiting benefits assessments. In the same area i see british people sleeping rough everyday on my way to work. Not even smack head junkie homeless, actual homeless.

I agree something should be done to help but why does it always come on the back of 'social media campaigns' these days? Prime example the photo of that poor young lad who drowned trying to land on a beach. Pound to a penny says he's one of thousands to have met their maker that way.

Just because a load of people click 'like' or make a comment on facebook/twitter doesn't mean we should step in and help all the time does it?

Would Africa/Afganistan etc take us should a war break out here?? I don't bloody think so.
All the billions that has been spent overseas and we've rarely seen any good from it.

The war (oil stabilising project) in Iraq for the past 15 years or so was a waste- petrol prices inevitably went up and the stocks are still 'low' (artificially).

I do wonder why Britain sold off its half of the channel tunnel??? More than likely to relieve itself of the pressures of managing the illegal immigrants.

Do a points system like OZ, you rarely hear of anyone trying to rubber dinghy their way there, or Thailand etc.

Grow up Britain and sort your own shit before anyone else's imho.

Ps i know i've not read into it all as deeply as some, nor am i involved with civils etc but look at it this way;

would you expect to be given everything if you turned up on some strangers lawn?

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 07 Sep 2015, 07:46

lee711 wrote:The problems in syria needed sorting out at source, not moping up the mess of the aftermath. I have no real issue in cases of genuine asylum, but when it becomes an exodus of the population of an entire country then the problems of cause need serious attention. I feel this will have a green light effect on many other countries, who's peoples will look on this as a free ticket to a so called new and better life in a European country. I don't see any quick fix solution to the problem but the EU leaders need to get a grip on this whole sorry mess and soon. I also feel that if you are fleeing persecution and war in your home country with a view to setting up a new life in a new country then you need be prepared to accept that countries way of life and fit in, not expect special and preferential treatment, this will only lead to isolation, rejection and in the end hatred. Creating pockets of different religious sects is not the way to intergration. Just my view.
well said

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 07 Sep 2015, 07:52

bloke wrote:
Occams Razor wrote:
SMUDGER wrote:Read this then
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/555 ... e-Refugees" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk
Scary stuff and if the Express says it, it must be true.
am i the only one who sees a link to either the mail or the express and rolls my eyes??
lols, " you'll never see a nipple in the Daily Mail"

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 07 Sep 2015, 07:58

I like it, Germany trying to make out that they get the shittest exchange rate ever.
€1 = £0.00000023
I don't think they want to spend their money either

Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Stumoores » 07 Sep 2015, 08:43

If you can't work out what to do then having history repeat its self seems like your only option. Put yourself in the Germans boots for a minute. They were bad enough with the twisted view of Christianity God help us if they do the same with Islam !
Revving the bollox off it since 1982

mozzersaints
VIP
Reactions:

Post by mozzersaints » 07 Sep 2015, 09:13

Dave wrote:Bet Bob geldof and Bono will be penning a few lyrics soon ....
Well christmas is comming dave

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
TO STRIVE,TO SEEK,TO FIND AND NOT TO YIELD

mozzersaints
VIP
Reactions:

Post by mozzersaints » 07 Sep 2015, 09:24

rumpoldstilskin wrote:
lee711 wrote:The problems in syria needed sorting out at source, not moping up the mess of the aftermath. I have no real issue in cases of genuine asylum, but when it becomes an exodus of the population of an entire country then the problems of cause need serious attention. I feel this will have a green light effect on many other countries, who's peoples will look on this as a free ticket to a so called new and better life in a European country. I don't see any quick fix solution to the problem but the EU leaders need to get a grip on this whole sorry mess and soon. I also feel that if you are fleeing persecution and war in your home country with a view to setting up a new life in a new country then you need be prepared to accept that countries way of life and fit in, not expect special and preferential treatment, this will only lead to isolation, rejection and in the end hatred. Creating pockets of different religious sects is not the way to intergration. Just my view.
well said
Britain has just about systematically raped and pillaged its way over just about half the world, including Africa, middle east and Europe over the last 200 years so it would appear payback is a bitch.

I agree this needs to be handled at the source ! let the troops go in with a full pardon guaranteed for anything that may happen....... there's an old saying of meet fire, get boots on the ground and decimate anything that looks like isis regardless of age or gender.

Friend of mine thought they were going in last Christmas and was recalled from leave to Hereford(he is traffic control for a Chinook squadron) but it never happened.

I'm not saying the government planned it this way but its amazing how we have gone from "lets not get involved" to "its time we had boots on the ground"...............as a nation I mean
TO STRIVE,TO SEEK,TO FIND AND NOT TO YIELD

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 07 Sep 2015, 09:30

mozzersaints wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:
well said
Britain has just about systematically raped and pillaged its way over just about half the world, including Africa, middle east and Europe over the last 200 years so it would appear payback is a bitch.

I agree this needs to be handled at the source ! let the troops go in with a full pardon guaranteed for anything that may happen....... there's an old saying of meet fire, get boots on the ground and decimate anything that looks like isis regardless of age or gender.

Friend of mine thought they were going in last Christmas and was recalled from leave to Hereford(he is traffic control for a Chinook squadron) but it never happened.

I'm not saying the government planned it this way but its amazing how we have gone from "lets not get involved" to "its time we had boots on the ground"...............as a nation I mean
two of my friends are on standby at the moment too, said they had training manoeuvres a few months ago to freshen up.

Just rid the IS and other such organisation like the PKK, ETA and such. And let the world get on with living

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 07 Sep 2015, 10:25

The boots on the ground is only half the answer though.
We did that an iraq and left the country so unstable with fuck all in terms of military or police that isis just strolled in and took over.