Results day.

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
lee
Reactions:
Re: Results day.

Post by lee » 14 Aug 2015, 13:22

Marco wrote:Tbh I think some parents especially ones who have been in the same job for so long they still think u can walk out of one job in the morning and get another that afternoon they think just because my kids got degrees and shit they will get a great job and be set for life they don't realise that it's not that easy. And as for apprenticeships and learning a trade u are screwed if u have to go to college to get the qualification coz someone else has done an apprenticeship and has more experience then u so there chosen first. And apprenticeships want u to get good grades too. So if u leave school with anything less then c's things are difficult and the fact so many ppl are unemployed companies can get away with paying min wage for everything and get u working like there is no tomorrow coz "there are plenty more ppl who will fill ur boots in a second" and I no ppl are winging bout migrants and that well I have worked in factories and they basically run the place coz they all talk to each other and there payed more then full staff and don't work as hard or as long. We never used to get a choice in overtime while they couldn't make the agency lot stay past there hours
Degrees are needed in many jobs these days. Doesn't even need to be related to the position a lot of the time.
Many employers see it as proof of ability to learn and apply yourself.

And no, I dont have a degree.
I have a trade and plenty of experience which has helped me find a new job whenever ive wanted one very easily tbh.

The issue now is the short sighted decision to make everyone stay in some sort of education until at least 18.
So its college / 6th form / traineeship or apprenticeship.
If you arent academically blessed then your fucked.
My mate was a technician for TVR and Brabus. Didnt have a gcse to his name. No formal apprenticeship either.
He wouldnt even be in the trade if hed left school now.

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 14 Aug 2015, 13:29

Oh and congrats to all those who did well.

Soviet
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Soviet » 14 Aug 2015, 15:09

lee wrote: The issue now is the short sighted decision to make everyone stay in some sort of education until at least 18.
So its college / 6th form / traineeship or apprenticeship.
If you arent academically blessed then your fucked.
That is so true - we are suffering from the lack of true, meaningful apprenticeships and practical routes to work - I was speaking to a guy who served me in Maplins and he was an electronic engineering graduate...f*&%ng Maplins ! ....

Dave_W
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Dave_W » 14 Aug 2015, 23:32

Well now the elections over the unemployment rate is on its way up. Little scary when you consider all the seasonal summer workers. I'd get as many qualifications as I could but link them to as near certain career as possible. We all get born, get sick and pass. I'm trying to get my eldest to do radiology or dentistry. Think she wants to be a holiday rep. She's so like her father

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 14 Aug 2015, 23:48

Stumoores wrote:It gets me that society is still obsessed with academia. We've got loads of graduates at our place that are absolutely fucking clueless. No common sense. Can't use their hands for anything other than playing email tennis. Hard work, interest in a career field and a will to succeed should be most kids direction. Sadly tho most parents want their kids to go to university so they can brag about it down the pub! Lets see how they feel when the kids still at home at 35 with a huge debt, a mediocre job and no chance of getting a mortgage. Here endeth the lesson
me then (bar being at home haha) uni was my last chance to mingle with innocent 18 year olds and not look creepy hahahaha.
Going back in september to do another Image

Barts dad
Reactions:

Post by Barts dad » 15 Aug 2015, 00:46

lee wrote:Oh and congrats to all those who did well.
+1

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 15 Aug 2015, 10:18

I decided young, I didn't want kids until my 30's. Turn 30 I realise that my previous generation had started to rape this planet royally and had installed the same self centre greed in my generation. Accounts were now ruling British industry and eastern Europe was being trained in the ways of capitalism, as Asia minor in now. Realising this and predicating bleak days ahead, I decided that I didn't want kids. This world won't be fit for them. No regrets.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

pch1
VIP
Reactions:

Post by pch1 » 16 Aug 2015, 08:16

Cabernet wrote:I decided young, I didn't want kids until my 30's. Turn 30 I realise that my previous generation had started to rape this planet royally and had installed the same self centre greed in my generation. Accounts were now ruling British industry and eastern Europe was being trained in the ways of capitalism, as Asia minor in now. Realising this and predicating bleak days ahead, I decided that I didn't want kids. This world won't be fit for them. No regrets.
I was similar...unfortunately when my willy gets hard, my mind goes soft.
I've got 1 son Image

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 16 Aug 2015, 14:18

pch1 wrote:
Cabernet wrote:I decided young, I didn't want kids until my 30's. Turn 30 I realise that my previous generation had started to rape this planet royally and had installed the same self centre greed in my generation. Accounts were now ruling British industry and eastern Europe was being trained in the ways of capitalism, as Asia minor in now. Realising this and predicating bleak days ahead, I decided that I didn't want kids. This world won't be fit for them. No regrets.
I was similar...unfortunately when my willy gets hard, my mind goes soft.
I've got 1 son Image
ImageImageImage

Fronkey
Reactions:

Post by Fronkey » 16 Aug 2015, 14:41

Probably a blessing on society...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk