Salford bus lanes?

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
rjvader
Reactions:
Salford bus lanes?

Post by rjvader » 12 Aug 2015, 09:18

Hey chaps,

Just started a new job in the centre of Salford so im commuting the opposite way down the lancs now.

Traffic is mental compared to my Liverpool commute. The lancs is fine but its pretty much gridlocked once i get onto the a6. There's a bus lane on the section in question which ive been popping into slightly to get around some vehicles...

Just wondering if aybody knows if the bus lane is enforced or not. Haven't spotted any cameras heading into salford, but better safe than sorry. Seen a few bikes/scooters using it like a normal lane but thought I'd check before I do the same /whether to stop nipping in and out while filtering.

Cheers guys

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:
Re: Salford bus lanes?

Post by SMUDGER » 12 Aug 2015, 10:58

I only think it's enforced just after Salford crescent train station

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 12 Aug 2015, 12:48

As I courier around greater Manchester, if the bus lane is timed (ie 7am - 10am & 4 pm - 7pm) I would habitually use them regardless of the time providing my vehicle was not fitted with a time piece as standard. I used to run passed the bus lane camera car (normally a Smart car with a periscope camera) habitually they would film me even within 20 feet stopped stationary at a pelican crossing for a time. I never got a ticket from them.

I was hoping to get a ticket, as I believed the signage was (and I believe still is) inadequate and would have fought it.

The risk is how insurance companies would see it in an accident.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

rjvader
Reactions:

Post by rjvader » 12 Aug 2015, 13:36

Cheers guys :) ill carry on as i am

cupidstunt
VIP
Reactions:

Post by cupidstunt » 12 Aug 2015, 23:33

Its your own fookin fault for choosing to live in pie land
:geek: HEAD PERVERT :geek:

Soviet
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Soviet » 12 Aug 2015, 23:38

A lot of the cameras are discrete and really hard to spot ( some may be stuck on the side of buildings) and often they may just be a cctv type camera in a really small glass bowl ( not a normal camera case) - however a lot seem to be set up to catch the front of a vehicle - I got caught in one in my car 5 minutes to the end of a restriction as I cut out the last 20 yards to slip into the inside lane at a junction - no traffic (or buses around) - had to stump up to the city council ! Just try and suss out where there might be cameras ( or mobile nano camera cars ) ...

jaffa1963
Reactions:

Post by jaffa1963 » 13 Aug 2015, 18:47

There are two static cameras on either side along Chapel St, the A6 from Salford Crescent in to town.The bus lane is 24/7 so it is not an option at any time. The cameras work and have caught out loads of people. That's in addition to the council's right to use cameras on board buses as a top up.
If I remember correctly the councils consultation documents stated that they will be managed by Manchester City council on salfords behalf and Manc city council believe they will be able to issue about 60k PCNs a year for bus lane contraventions in the areas they manage.
So watch out... Or you will be paying towards their cash cow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chops Mcgoo
Reactions:

Post by Chops Mcgoo » 22 Aug 2015, 10:27

I'm not 100% but I think when the new bus lane on the lancs opens they will all be made biker friendly a bit like down in London Town!

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 22 Aug 2015, 15:01

Chops Mcgoo wrote:I'm not 100% but I think when the new bus lane on the lancs opens they will all be made biker friendly a bit like down in London Town!

What, opened to bikers a decade after the initial opening.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

Chops Mcgoo
Reactions:

Post by Chops Mcgoo » 22 Aug 2015, 16:16

Sorry I meant the a580 expressway thingie, it opens July 2015......or it was meant to......might be 2016 now if we're lucky!

I'm sure I saw an article somewhere that said that lane and r'others were going to be open for bikes but I might have imagined it!