Changing solicitors

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
Pacuk
VIP
Reactions:
Changing solicitors

Post by Pacuk » 01 Aug 2015, 20:46

I went over on my ankle in work over a year ago and due to them being a bunch of twats about it I was advised to put a claim in by my union rep.. I've recently found out I need a small opp to fix it.. the union allocated solicitor has a defeated attitude and has already said if we get any offer you should take it and if you don't you'll loose funding.. I've been trying to get hold of him for nearly 3 weeks to advise of the new developments and he is yet to reply so really considering changing solicitors.. Is this possible as they have already sent me for an examination and have the report..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave
Reactions:
Re: Changing solicitors

Post by Dave » 01 Aug 2015, 20:51

dont think changing will be any problem at all…however they may charge you for the work done already ,like doc reports and examinations etc ….and the new solicitor may want another report ..this means your winnings will be a lot less than they could be .hope that makes sense
:

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 01 Aug 2015, 20:52

Pacuk wrote:I went over on my ankle in work over a year ago and due to them being a bunch of twats about it I was advised to put a claim in by my union rep.. I've recently found out I need a small opp to fix it.. the union allocated solicitor has a defeated attitude and has already said if we get any offer you should take it and if you don't you'll loose funding.. I've been trying to get hold of him for nearly 3 weeks to advise of the new developments and he is yet to reply so really considering changing solicitors.. Is this possible as they have already sent me for an examination and have the report..

Check your home insurance, some of them include legal cover and often come with an advice line?

Pacuk
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Pacuk » 01 Aug 2015, 20:53

Clarkey wrote:
Pacuk wrote:I went over on my ankle in work over a year ago and due to them being a bunch of twats about it I was advised to put a claim in by my union rep.. I've recently found out I need a small opp to fix it.. the union allocated solicitor has a defeated attitude and has already said if we get any offer you should take it and if you don't you'll loose funding.. I've been trying to get hold of him for nearly 3 weeks to advise of the new developments and he is yet to reply so really considering changing solicitors.. Is this possible as they have already sent me for an examination and have the report..

Check your home insurance, some of them include legal cover and often come with an advice line?
Good call..

Pacuk
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Pacuk » 01 Aug 2015, 20:53

Dave wrote:dont think changing will be any problem at all…however they may charge you for the work done already ,like doc reports and examinations etc ….and the new solicitor may want another report ..this means your winnings will be a lot less than they could be .hope that makes sense
That's what I was worried about..

Barts dad
Reactions:

Post by Barts dad » 02 Aug 2015, 00:17

Advise the union about what a shit firm of solicitors they use in the first instance. They obviously can't be arsed to retain the services of a decentish solicitor. Lots of them out there to fight your case.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Dave_W
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Dave_W » 02 Aug 2015, 01:08

Union solicitors are usually part of the membership so really shouldn't cost you anything additional. If there is a cost you should have been informed up front. Change as you see fit but try regional office first. Unions don't take a %.

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 06 Aug 2015, 01:13

Further to what @Clarkey said, if you're struggling use the £500k+ free legal cover That usually comes as standard with most motor policies. Its your policy and it is not always specifically for automotive issues.
I used mine from Carol Nash to sort getting my bond back from a house i was rentingz