Recommend a small/mid size van?

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
rjvader
Reactions:
Re: Recommend a small/mid size van?

Post by rjvader » 27 Jul 2015, 13:35

Cheers, thought about getting in touch with him nearer to the time. Very early days yet so doing my own research for now.

The mrs prefers Liverpool marina with it being quite central and surprisingly good value although looking into others too. Will probably move aroud every couple of years for a change then hopefully escape the uk when we can afford to :)
Last edited by rjvader on 27 Jul 2015, 14:02, edited 1 time in total.

pch1
VIP
Reactions:

Post by pch1 » 27 Jul 2015, 13:41

rjvader wrote:Cheers, thought about getting in touch with him nearer to the time. Very early days yet so doing my own research for now.

The mrs prefers Liverpool marina with it being quite central and surprisingly good value although looking into others too :)
When I was looking, there was a 40 footer for under £50k at Liverpool marina - it may still be there.

I'm guessing you also read the story on BBC news website of a family who gave up their house and jobs, and together with their two children are travelling the UK in a campervan.

I've gone off the idea of a boat, but only because I don't have the time on my hands - boats need plenty maintenance.
Boats are good for chilling, nothing better than enjoying a few frosty beers while bobbing along the ocean with the wind at your backs and the sun high in the sky Image

All the best with the planning of your adventure Image

rjvader
Reactions:

Post by rjvader » 27 Jul 2015, 14:22

Cheers :)

Theres a few reasonable ones up for sale there but i dont mind going further afield and sailing her back if necessary. Not in a position to buy yet so not looking too much into what's available yet. Off to the boat show in January to judge what size will be best for us. Provisionally looking around 34ft-ish. Should be a manageable amount of space for two, and an alright size for shorthanded sailing with a bit of modification if necessary