if it aint broke

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
foxysbanana
Reactions:
if it aint broke

Post by foxysbanana » 31 Mar 2015, 00:39

no not feelin it kids

Jim27
VIP
Reactions:
Re: if it aint broke

Post by Jim27 » 31 Mar 2015, 00:45

Takes time. The other forum's Xenforo platform was working but was approaching critical mass and if not addressed was going to implode (think of it as the forum going offline for a LONG time and catastrophic loss of content) so the change was necessary, if not particularly wanted in general. It's not a change to improve anything from the user experience, more a case of ensuring the survival of a functional forum!
Jim's words of wisdom:
We're here for a good time, not a long time.
The power to change your life comes from taking total responsibility for it.

mozzersaints
VIP
Reactions:

Post by mozzersaints » 31 Mar 2015, 00:50

All looks the same to me, although im tryimg this taptalk thing but the jury is out on the tap talk

Richie848evo
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Richie848evo » 03 Apr 2015, 10:25

Not liking the new look myself find it hard to read and miss some of the old features

Jim27
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Jim27 » 03 Apr 2015, 13:17

Always gonna be a PITA when everything changes but it had to happen. The old forum database was borderline cardiac arrest and wasn't really expandable from where it was. Paul (CRM) took it on but with the caveat that he would reconstitute it in a more stable format, otherwise he would've just been taking something on that was going to take hours and days and weeks of his time trying to keep patching it together to let it stagger on for a little while longer.

I miss the old style/functionality just as much but I also recognise the need to change. Kind of like growing up and having to spend your money on mortgage payments, life insurance and bills rather than shiny bike and car stuff :(
Jim's words of wisdom:
We're here for a good time, not a long time.
The power to change your life comes from taking total responsibility for it.

Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Stumoores » 03 Apr 2015, 18:16

Jim27 wrote:Always gonna be a PITA when everything changes but it had to happen. The old forum database was borderline cardiac arrest and wasn't really expandable from where it was. Paul (CRM) took it on but with the caveat that he would reconstitute it in a more stable format, otherwise he would've just been taking something on that was going to take hours and days and weeks of his time trying to keep patching it together to let it stagger on for a little while longer.

I miss the old style/functionality just as much but I also recognise the need to change. Kind of like growing up and having to spend your money on mortgage payments, life insurance and bills rather than shiny bike and car stuff :(
Well said Jim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CRM » 03 Apr 2015, 19:40

foxysbanana wrote:no not feelin it kids
Sorry to hear that dad,
Ah another PHP and sql db expert in the field. wish i knew we had all this talent before we moved eh, i am sure someone could have knocked up some simple scripts to repair broken table chains and some automated purging routines scheduled to save me hours of work.
:roll:
Upgrade your account to VIP status to enable the Signature feature.

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 03 Apr 2015, 19:56

Open ssh tunnel type rm -rf / press enter will fix everything

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CRM » 03 Apr 2015, 20:00

lol not on mine it wont.

to be fair i will say that considering the 3.4gb DB and health it was in, it ran remarkably well i will give it that.
more testament to the hosting and grunt it had.
we were shifting some bandwidth per month though, quite surprising really.
Upgrade your account to VIP status to enable the Signature feature.

bloke
Reactions:

Post by bloke » 03 Apr 2015, 20:03

wouldn't let him bother you, he complains about everything. should of heard him the other day moaning about not having pounds, shillings and pence anymore!!