Is it just me? Today's Minutes silence.

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Is it just me? Today's Minutes silence.

Post by Cabernet » 03 Jul 2015, 20:52

I don't want to undermine the tragic loss in Tunisia.
However, is anyone else , lets say "unsettled or unresolved" about todays silence?
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

Daveace22
Reactions:
Re: Is it just me? Today's Minutes silence.

Post by Daveace22 » 03 Jul 2015, 20:54

People hardly give a moments silence for our war vets I think this one is a social media creation. I agree it's a tragic event but I don't remember one for 7/7
Either

Dave
Reactions:

Post by Dave » 03 Jul 2015, 21:18

yeah i agree , does seem like it was sorted on the "spur of the moment" In all honesty i forgot all about it today as we were so busy ..
:

Dave_W
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Dave_W » 03 Jul 2015, 21:26

Didn't even hear about it until I saw the news at tea time. Now if they gave us the day off I'd really show my respects.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Soviet
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Soviet » 03 Jul 2015, 21:47

It's no doubt one of Cameron's ideas - I suppose with the sheer number of people killed it is even more wholly shocking and has prompted this - When it comes to remembrance day it's firmly in my diary ... I think a lot of people do pay their respects ...

cupidstunt
VIP
Reactions:

Post by cupidstunt » 03 Jul 2015, 22:25

The thing is at least we are alive to give a minute of our lives...............Those victims arent
:geek: HEAD PERVERT :geek:

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 08 Jul 2015, 07:18

True, but why travel to north Africa to whats basically reclaimed desert anyway??

Always told my misses i'd never go there as its a pointless place that purely exists because of tourism. Same goes for Goa.
I also won't go to turkey, marakesh, or Egypt- even the non Egyptian bit that travel agents for us off as egypt- sharm el shiek.

Any attempt to retaliate to this non-sense callus terrorism is going to be shit for us IMHO, we already have thousands of muslims over here and knowingly let them hate preach so its just a ticking clock.

I do however feel shocked and deeply saddened at what happen in Tunisia and feel for all those families who've had a tragic loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loose Sprockets
Reactions:

Post by Loose Sprockets » 09 Jul 2015, 08:50

rumpoldstilskin wrote:True, but why travel to north Africa to whats basically reclaimed desert anyway??

Always told my misses i'd never go there as its a pointless place that purely exists because of tourism. Same goes for Goa.
I also won't go to turkey, marakesh, or Egypt- even the non Egyptian bit that travel agents for us off as egypt- sharm el shiek.

Any attempt to retaliate to this non-sense callus terrorism is going to be shit for us IMHO, we already have thousands of muslims over here and knowingly let them hate preach so its just a ticking clock.

I do however feel shocked and deeply saddened at what happen in Tunisia and feel for all those families who've had a tragic loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Couldn't agree more. It's a shame that we have to 'put up' with this killing of our 30 innocents, but for every one you kill in Syria, he's going to have family already living here. And his death will just cause more extremists. It's an unwinnable war, in this PC world anyway.

Woody
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Woody » 11 Jul 2015, 09:45

Me and the misses actually have an apartment in Turkey..... It's like a 2nd home for us and we have integrated with the local people

As for the silence... IMO was completely right, this has been the biggest loss of British life since 7/7 and has been done if anything to show the families that have lost loved ones that there death was meaningful.

Sent from a mystical space hopper.
Current - KTM SuperDuke 1290R
Past - Tuono Factory / Fireblade 929RR / Tuono1060R / SV650s2 / SV650s1 / Fazer6

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 11 Jul 2015, 22:18

Woody wrote:Me and the misses actually have an apartment in Turkey..... It's like a 2nd home for us and we have integrated with the local people Image

As for the silence... IMO was completely right, this has been the biggest loss of British life since 7/7 and has been done if anything to show the families that have lost loved ones that there death was meaningful.

Sent from a mystical space hopper.
Integrated??? Pretty sure you're as white as milk and your lady is ginger lol. I'd believe it if you were selling kebabs and not paying your taxes,..... Unless thats how you've bought a place there Image

I scratch my beard 'cos that is weird