Elon Musk / World Energy / Good read

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:
Elon Musk / World Energy / Good read

Post by Clarkey » 19 Jun 2015, 12:49

Just in case you are ever stuck for something to read over your lunch time or on the commute or whatever… I’d really recommend the below.

I have been reading it over lunch times for the past week or so, and also a little bit during the evenings - I finished part 2 yesterday lunch time.

It’s quite long, and covers quite a range of related topics, but the writer appears to have done a lot of research and written it in a way that’s easy to follow.  He doesn’t try and make it quickly entertaining, it’s a complicated situation which he’s simplified as much as he can, but there are a lot of relevant points which he covers well.

His style of writing is a little purposefully immature sometimes (as you can see from the title of part one and some of his analogies), but I guess it does stop it being too dull…

http://waitbutwhy.com/2015/05/elon-musk ... t-man.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I’ve never considered buying a new car previously, as there are some bargain second hand ones that will drive pretty much just as well and I don’t have the money to burn, but got to admit I hope I can at least consider buying a Model 3 in a few years (it’s explained in the story).

I don’t agree with everything in the article, and it pains me how favourably he refers to Apple a couple of times (to be fair they were good points on their own, and obviously Apple are undeniably one of the most influential companies of the present day, but this article only brushes on them and ignores their hideous failings!), but I really enjoyed reading it.

You may well think ‘god Clarkey is even more boring and nerdy than I thought’, but if you do decide to stick with it I would be surprised if you weren’t impressed at the end

If you do read it I'd be very interested in your comments

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:
Re: Elon Musk / World Energy / Good read

Post by Clarkey » 07 Oct 2015, 18:26

Holy thread revival Batman...

But still, yes please! How are any other expensive fast cars being sold???

https://youtu.be/6eGhjhx8O9M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;