MCE payment card data theft?

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
Jim27
VIP
Reactions:
MCE payment card data theft?

Post by Jim27 » 20 May 2015, 17:05

Just found this in my email junk folder from a few days ago:

Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 23:41:04 +0200
To: Jim27
Subject: MCE Insurance - Card Security

Dear Customer,

MCE takes the protection of customer data very seriously. We are currently investigating an alleged breach in data security. To assist us in this, we are writing to our customers in order to determine whether there have been any unfamiliar transactions on the card used to pay for your insurance with us around this time.

If you are satisfied there have been no unfamiliar transactions, you do not need to take any further action.

If you believe there have been unfamiliar transactions, we would like to investigate this further. In order to do so, please provide us with the date of the transaction in question, the supplier and the amount by emailing card.security@mceinsurance.com. You will also need to report this to your card provider.

If you are unsure if there have been unfamiliar transactions, please check your statement around the time of taking out or changing your insurance policy and if you have any concerns please call 01933 351300 or email card.security@mceinsurance.com.

Thank you for your assistance.

MCE Insurance

Well that doesn't fill me with confidence :shock:
Jim's words of wisdom:
We're here for a good time, not a long time.
The power to change your life comes from taking total responsibility for it.

CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: MCE payment card data theft?

Post by CRM » 20 May 2015, 19:11

the domain they sent it from (yet the return path seems pukka) doesn't fill me with confidence either.
Upgrade your account to VIP status to enable the Signature feature.

paulb
VIP
Reactions:
Re: MCE payment card data theft?

Post by paulb » 23 May 2015, 20:54

Had a call from mce on thursday 2nd payment not be paid off my card, made payment with debit card. Then this morning txt message payment not collected and will be charged £30 ontop of payment. Phoned them payment was taken thursday. What aload of shit will not deal with then again......

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk