Manx Grand Prix 2015

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
Alb26
Reactions:
Manx Grand Prix 2015

Post by Alb26 » 04 May 2015, 22:16

I had a notion to try and visit IOM for this event but when I looked at
decent digs / lodgings and the cost of actually getting there .. about £100
for boat passenger tickets form Lpool it becomes a Tad costly I suppose if you wanna
go . you wanna go but I just wondered has anyone got any contacts or advice for me
there is a Manx Website and if you check you can see what I mean... anything up
to a week would be great. Thanks all 8-)

Cliff
VIP
Reactions:
Re: Manx Grand Prix 2015

Post by Cliff » 07 May 2015, 07:29

Alb26 wrote:I had a notion to try and visit IOM for this event but when I looked at
decent digs / lodgings and the cost of actually getting there .. about £100
for boat passenger tickets form Lpool it becomes a Tad costly I suppose if you wanna
go . you wanna go but I just wondered has anyone got any contacts or advice for me
there is a Manx Website and if you check you can see what I mean... anything up
to a week would be great. Thanks all 8-)
It's a really good event, it's now part of the classic TT. It is a bit less hectic than the TT, and there are far less nutters trying to bin it :-)
Try and visit the festival at Jurby if you can, it's an amazing day, thousands of classic bikes on display and racing. There are lots of riders there as well, just chatting and signing autographs. They are opening a transport museum this year as well which looks like it should be good.
If you're not taking the bike, it's probably cheaper to fly over. Hotels are pretty full, but there are loads of camp sites or you can stay with a local family with the homestay scheme. There are usually links from iomtt.com.
It's all about the TT ....