smudgers theory

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:
Re: smudgers theory

Post by SMUDGER » 23 Apr 2015, 19:01

Stumoores wrote:Smudger? What are you looking at the source code for. Have you spotted a Glitch in the Matrix FFS!
lol i closed down what i was doing because nwb tab was selected it was showing

Woody
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Woody » 23 Apr 2015, 19:13

Chrome source code is a very stranger thing to be looking at unless you run a site...

Anyway glad your back and normal(ish) again ;)

Sent from a mystical space hopper.
Current - KTM SuperDuke 1290R
Past - Tuono Factory / Fireblade 929RR / Tuono1060R / SV650s2 / SV650s1 / Fazer6

Richie848evo
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Richie848evo » 23 Apr 2015, 19:53

We've been there before who gives one

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 23 Apr 2015, 21:04

Woody wrote:Chrome source code is a very stranger thing to be looking at unless you run a site...

Anyway glad your back and normal(ish) again ;)

Sent from a mystical space hopper.
hit nail on head

mozzersaints
VIP
Reactions:

Post by mozzersaints » 26 Apr 2015, 11:36

Jim27 wrote:We all have dick moments. We all have opinions. We all make mistakes or get misunderstood, whether it be our own fault or due to incorrect assumptions others make. Don't worry about it - the sun goes down on that day and then rises again on a fresh one.

Long and short of it is that I've been on enough, and seen enough, forums to know that it's the membersthat make any forum what it is, not the software. Yes the software helps and frames the community but the best, slickest, fanciest software in the world can't make a forum populated by bellends into a nice place to be. I've seen (and left) enough forums to know that.

Truthfully I really, really liked the Xenforo set up that we had before, and I was very familiar with it and found it very easy to use both as a member and a mod/admin. I find the phpBB set up less cosy and familiar but I have to recognise that reliability, functionality and sustainabilty have to come ahead of skin-deep touchy feely stuff. Just like everyone else I'm learning as I go along (and I have more to learn, having to re-learn the member-side stuff like everyone else, but also the moderation and administration functionality), but I take comfort from the fact that the person at the helm, who does all the tinkering under the bonnet, knows this setup inside out - and that's ultimately the best position to be in.

Don't fret about what people think or assume, Smudge. Yes we can all rub people up the wrong way now and again, but the forum is made by its members, nothing else, and you're a well-known one of those. The NWB Legend of Smudger's Red Kitchen will probably outlive the lot of us! Image
Jim do you think its possible you could post shorter and sound less patronising? On a serious not who cares what smudge thinks he is fuckin turning into that mentalist rabit
TO STRIVE,TO SEEK,TO FIND AND NOT TO YIELD