i will see it as it is

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
cupidstunt
VIP
Reactions:
Re: i will see it as it is

Post by cupidstunt » 14 Apr 2015, 18:45

Would that be a pork sword your on about ?
:geek: HEAD PERVERT :geek:

pip
VIP
Reactions:

Post by pip » 14 Apr 2015, 18:50

yes he possibly meant that cupid in your world. :D

cupidstunt
VIP
Reactions:

Post by cupidstunt » 14 Apr 2015, 18:51

pip wrote:yes he possibly meant that cupid in your world. :D
:geek: HEAD PERVERT :geek:

alex
Reactions:

Post by alex » 14 Apr 2015, 19:17

ListerTheStupid wrote:
SMUDGER wrote:this forum bord is fooking shite @crm its not ur fault but we dont wont this crap board regardkless if u took over phpbb is crap give us xen or invision but this board is shite so i am calling all members if you want the forum bord chnged comnent below all comments are seen as we want it chaged
You don't like it? You know what to do then....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1

CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CRM » 14 Apr 2015, 20:05

Can i just add to this,
firstly thanks to all the people that have stuck around and defended, not only myself for taking this toxic little project on, but the existing team for putting up, and keeping a level head when others would just hit the delete key.

I doubt many know what's involved in running something like this, and for the average person costs can be pretty substantial and soon rack up from hosting costs and domain costs let alone the board software.
for those that have no idea, lets say £100 per year for a pretty basic hosting package with limited bandwidth and some interesting packet shaping. then domain costs, say another £20 per year, then the forum software , say the basic package with no support is £130
ok hardly going to break the bank i appreciate, but its a cost all the same.

When Paul last year posted saying he was no longer interested in committing any time to the forum and his work was taking over his life and opened the table up for people to put themselves forward to take it over - i was one who offered casually to take it over if he had no one else he felt suitable - but only as a last resort.
I know from experience these things cost money and take effort and time to run, it's a thankless task and done purely for the love of bikes.
I own 400greybike.com and crm250.com as some of you know and have run those for years with far more bandwidth use and a far higher member count than NWB ever had.
I also have my own webserver and dedicated pipe because of my business, as such hosting costs are zero.

When Paul called me in Feb or when ever it was handing over some of the keys for the site and hosting details, i took it on blind.
I agreed to take this on when Paul asked simply because i felt i could host and maintain this and secure the long term future of the site - and better me than someone come and take it over hoping to earn a few quid before dropping it like a hot potato when they soon realise that something like this does not earn - but it costs.

So there we are. perhaps that puts some meat on the bones of how i ended up with this little ball of stress.

Now when i say ball of stress, i mean it was a pack of cards waiting to collapse. I don't have to go into any reasons or justify why we moved away from the existing hosting and xenforo board, but with a seriously massive unhealthy database thanks to a not so clean previous migration, several DB errors, close to the bone bandwidth allocation being gobbled up it was clear the current NWB forum's days were numbered.

This current board was a quick fix and it is what it is. Sure it lack some of the features of xen and ipboard and vbulletin, but it's also free - and apart from my time costs you nothing too.
I have always said that i wanted to leave the old board up where it could be accessed (in read only mode) as there were some cracking posts on there let alone some gems from our fallen friends.
I felt it was my duty to keep that board alive in what ever format i could even if only for Martin and Sean.
I have that old DB now and what a mess it was. I have purchased a fresh license of Xenforo to host the old board - but be under no illusion, it WILL be read only on another URL as and when i can commit time to setting it up and migrating it.

Now the £5 upgrade to VIP - frankly i am shocked at some of the downright snidey and small minded comments from some on here.
Every single penny we raise here goes to the Northwest Air Ambulance - like every single penny, i don't scoop out any admin fees or that bollocks - all of it will go. And quite frankly i can't think of anywhere as bikers more deserving.
If you have a problem with that - then this board is not for you.

So moving forward and one month on - well i have plans. phpbb is likely here to stay, if you don't like it - and can't live with it, then find another forum to moan on please. this rant is wearing a bit thin now.
However with some help from a kind member on here i am sure we can implement a "like" mod in due course along with an easier skin or at least a choice for you.

I am all for constructive criticism and happy to engage in a sensible discussion with anyone, we don't charge per character and it's not twitter, so if going to speak in txt speak or some drunken / drugged rant then i wouldn't bank on a reply.

I am locking this now. If anyone want's to discuss idea's or options then feel free to post - in the right section please :roll:
Upgrade your account to VIP status to enable the Signature feature.