Probate

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
norifan
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Probate

Post by norifan » 25 Jan 2018, 09:12

Don't suppose Anyone on here ever had the misfortune of a disputed probate application

cupidstunt
VIP
Reactions:
Re: Probate

Post by cupidstunt » 25 Jan 2018, 11:53

The only thing i would suggest is go to citizens advice before you see a solicitor as this could end up very expensive.....good luck
:geek: HEAD PERVERT :geek:

norifan
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by norifan » 25 Jan 2018, 14:04

Thanks CS bit late for that now I'm afraid though, I'm being had for a fat lad by a dickhead who thinks the world owes him a living and the law seems to give give him the upper hand. British justice at its finest

Jim27
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Jim27 » 30 Jan 2018, 09:29

Why's it being disputed/what's the background (if you're ok supplying a bit more info?)
Jim's words of wisdom:
We're here for a good time, not a long time.
The power to change your life comes from taking total responsibility for it.

norifan
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by norifan » 30 Jan 2018, 10:38

No problem Jim. Is a bit complicated but try mi best. My mum lived with her partner for 47 years in Lincoln, she left her half of the house to me and he left his to his twin children, but his daughter died 3 months before him, the will States that it goes to the surviving son. But her son(the grand son) is contesting it saying her share should come to him. Problem being my mum at 78 years old didn't apply for probate when he died 4 years before her so this twat has put a caveat on my probate application and I can't settle my mum's estate. It costing me a fortune in legal fees and its nothing to do with my mum's will. Also costing me fortunes maintaining the house etc and doing a 200 mile round trip to Lincoln twice a month to check on things.
Last edited by norifan on 30 Jan 2018, 15:49, edited 1 time in total.

norifan
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by norifan » 30 Jan 2018, 10:53

He is hanging his hat on anything to try to get some money, he even says he should get one third not the 25% his mum would have got?? He is going to try to claim his grandad didn't have mental capacity to write the will also that my mum influenced him? and has also taken to sending me private messages presumably to scare me saying I had his grandads money whilst he was in a nursing home. It's a load of bollocks. A court will laugh at him hopefully, But it's costing me shitloads to get it to court

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 01 Feb 2018, 01:32

Bit late for my help but use your legal cover off your; car/bike or house insurance, its there to be used, use it or lose it. Think i get upto £200k legal cover on my solo bike policy.

Little known by the masses that you can use it for this, its a non-specific enhancement to your policy, ie: not just for your bike.

norifan
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by norifan » 01 Feb 2018, 07:03

rumpoldstilskin wrote:
01 Feb 2018, 01:32
Bit late for my help but use your legal cover off your; car/bike or house insurance, its there to be used, use it or lose it. Think i get upto £200k legal cover on my solo bike policy.

Little known by the masses that you can use it for this, its a non-specific enhancement to your policy, ie: not just for your bike.
Honestly is that an option? I need to look into this. I assume they select the solicitors you have to use?
Thanks by the way.

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 01 Feb 2018, 07:53

norifan wrote:
01 Feb 2018, 07:03
rumpoldstilskin wrote:
01 Feb 2018, 01:32

Honestly is that an option? I need to look into this. I assume they select the solicitors you have to use?
Thanks by the way.
A good friend of mine used his home ins legal cover to take his employer to a tribuneral so it could be possible.

norifan
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by norifan » 01 Feb 2018, 09:37

Nice one Lee. Cheers