What have you done today?

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
jimmytanko
Reactions:
Re: What have you done today?

Post by jimmytanko » 12 Oct 2016, 00:23

Barts dad wrote:Had a ride around the Lakes on my latest acquisition. :D

Very nice, I miss my tuono, the grunt and the noise from those engines is brilliant

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

jimmytanko
Reactions:

Post by jimmytanko » 12 Oct 2016, 22:35

Sold the suzuki and bought a toy for the winter

jimmytanko
Reactions:

Post by jimmytanko » 12 Oct 2016, 22:36

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 12 Oct 2016, 22:59

Ripped all tread off new front tyres on car for making progress lol

Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Stumoores » 17 Oct 2016, 14:15

Almost finished the CT. 2 out 1 in over winter.
Revving the bollox off it since 1982

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 17 Oct 2016, 19:13

Dave wrote:rode an R nine T sport ,loved it so bought one

whats the 'sport' bit? I had the same model but with a painted tank as the bare alu didn't exist, did you buy one with the welds showing or a ground smooth one?

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 19 Oct 2016, 20:22

Wrote n sent an article off to the BMF. Not heard owt since
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

Dave
Reactions:

Post by Dave » 19 Oct 2016, 20:40

rumpoldstilskin wrote:

whats the 'sport' bit? I had the same model but with a painted tank as the bare alu didn't exist, did you buy one with the welds showing or a ground smooth one?

Hi rump, the original R9T is in black ,your version. Thats now stopped as there is a sport version , a scrambler , a pure ,and a racer . Basically the same donor bike but tweaked with different bits for style.

The sport is the Ally tank version and comes with a high ride exhaust or a std exhaust. You also get to choose welded or seamless tank.

The storm black one i enquired about, as i didn't want the sport and was sold production had stopped and there was only 2 uk models left at dealers not sold . This is what I ordered, so pretty much the same as what you had.

did you customise yours in anyway ?
:

Barts dad
Reactions:

Post by Barts dad » 19 Oct 2016, 22:13

Cabernet wrote:Wrote n sent an article off to the BMF. Not heard owt since
Probably nodded off after second line. Lol

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 20 Oct 2016, 01:32

Dave wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:

Hi rump, the original R9T is in black ,your version. Thats now stopped as there is a sport version , a scrambler , a pure ,and a racer . Basically the same donor bike but tweaked with different bits for style.

The sport is the Ally tank version and comes with a high ride exhaust or a std exhaust. You also get to choose welded or seamless tank.

The storm black one i enquired about, as i didn't want the sport and was sold production had stopped and there was only 2 uk models left at dealers not sold . This is what I ordered, so pretty much the same as what you had.

did you customise yours in anyway ?
nice, i didn't no, standard with twin ackro can, i bought mine 6 weeks old after the owner of Ride Magazine managed to do £5k of damage to her and hide it with some engine paint (cracked main block, dented exhausts and warped N/S con rod- how??)

She was still a great ride and if i'm honest i should have taken the 'here's a brand new one' and the 'sorry' but i was furious and got a new MV instead. I was offered a lovely beige and brown RnineT, since spotted her on fleabay. I'd love another but they are keeping their value very, VERY, well.

Seen a special bike at Llanbike fest, tank in bare alu with welds visible, every extra added, white wall wheels, ohlins forks, keyless start etc, but they company said there was in the region of 7k in extras!!! Balls to that

Enjoy your lovely bavarian :)