It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:54 pm


Mobile Phone Data Transfer

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
  • Author
  • Message
Offline
User avatar

Topper

VIP

  • Posts: 204
  • Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:34 pm

Mobile Phone Data Transfer

PostSat May 20, 2017 8:28 am

So................
I am a total technophobe and useless with phones. They ring I pick them up, I text, I google......That's it! :oops:

I currently have a Samsung s3 and have just been bought a Samsung J510 cos the S3 has a broken screen.

I am Sim free and only have the 1 Sim card. How the "F" do I get all my stuff from one phone to the other?

Ive googled loads of threads about this but none seem relevant............can I do it with only one Sim or do I need to buy another Sim?

any help would be appreciated
:D Manners cost nowt.......so.....use em!! :D
Offline
User avatar

Pacuk

VIP

  • Posts: 875
  • Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:46 pm
  • Location: Oldham

Re: Mobile Phone Data Transfer

PostSat May 20, 2017 11:48 am

If it's contract you can probably call in the shop and get it transferred over by whoever your with.. other than that you'll have to save it onto a laptop and port to the new phone


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Offline
User avatar

Clarkey

VIP

  • Posts: 536
  • Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:14 pm

Re: Mobile Phone Data Transfer

PostSat May 20, 2017 11:51 am

What do you want to transfer? I'll guess texts, contacts & photos? Anything else?

Although the s3 screen is broken, can you still use it? If the screen is working it's all fairly simple and I'll happily write some instructions if you let me know what you want to transfer

Do you know your Google (or gmail) account info? Obviously don't share that, but you'll need it

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Offline
User avatar

Topper

VIP

  • Posts: 204
  • Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:34 pm

Re: Mobile Phone Data Transfer

PostSat May 20, 2017 12:06 pm

Pacuk wrote:If it's contract you can probably call in the shop and get it transferred over by whoever your with.. other than that you'll have to save it onto a laptop and port to the new phone


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Cheers pal.......... not contract.
:D Manners cost nowt.......so.....use em!! :D
Offline
User avatar

Pacuk

VIP

  • Posts: 875
  • Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:46 pm
  • Location: Oldham

Re: Mobile Phone Data Transfer

PostSat May 20, 2017 12:09 pm

Topper wrote:
Pacuk wrote:If it's contract you can probably call in the shop and get it transferred over by whoever your with.. other than that you'll have to save it onto a laptop and port to the new phone


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Cheers pal.......... not contract.

Whoever your provider is should help, they have a data transfer cable.. phones numbers etc can be saved onto the sim and will be on the new phone but other stuff like photos and apps are only on the phone


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Offline
User avatar

Clarkey

VIP

  • Posts: 536
  • Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:14 pm

Re: Mobile Phone Data Transfer

PostSat May 20, 2017 12:10 pm

Pacuk wrote:
Topper wrote:
Pacuk wrote:If it's contract you can probably call in the shop and get it transferred over by whoever your with.. other than that you'll have to save it onto a laptop and port to the new phone


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Cheers pal.......... not contract.

Whoever your provider is should help, they have a data transfer cable.. phones numbers etc can be saved onto the sim and will be on the new phone but other stuff like photos and apps are only on the phone


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No need to save contacts to sim anymore, at least on modern smart phones. On android you can just save to Google account and it'll automatically sync to any new phone... Presume similar on iPhone. I'd never save anything to sim anymore

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Offline
User avatar

Topper

VIP

  • Posts: 204
  • Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:34 pm

Re: Mobile Phone Data Transfer

PostSat May 20, 2017 8:08 pm

I see. But how does one save everything to their google account in the first place?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
:D Manners cost nowt.......so.....use em!! :D
Offline
User avatar

Clarkey

VIP

  • Posts: 536
  • Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:14 pm

Re: Mobile Phone Data Transfer

PostSat May 20, 2017 8:25 pm

Topper wrote:I see. But how does one save everything to their google account in the first place?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Let me know what you want to transfer and I'll reply buddy. Don't want to type it all if I've misunderstood

Contacts, texts and photos?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Offline
User avatar

Topper

VIP

  • Posts: 204
  • Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:34 pm

Re: Mobile Phone Data Transfer

PostSun May 21, 2017 6:07 am

Yes mate.....all I want to do is copy all my contacts txts and pics from old phone to new.......without having a stroke lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
:D Manners cost nowt.......so.....use em!! :D
Offline
User avatar

Clarkey

VIP

  • Posts: 536
  • Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:14 pm

Re: Mobile Phone Data Transfer

PostSun May 21, 2017 10:07 am

Topper wrote:Yes mate.....all I want to do is copy all my contacts txts and pics from old phone to new.......without having a stroke lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

No worries, just heading out with family, Will reply probably tonight

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Next

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests