Work accident

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
Richie848evo
VIP
Reactions:
Work accident

Post by Richie848evo » 21 Aug 2016, 09:19

I've had a needlestick injury at work considering putting in a claim due to the ongoing treatment that I need, occupational health at work are absolutely dog shit as well.
Any recommendations of companies to use?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:
Re: Work accident

Post by Clarkey » 21 Aug 2016, 10:04

Richie848evo wrote:I've had a needlestick injury at work considering putting in a claim due to the ongoing treatment that I need, occupational health at work are absolutely dog shit as well.

Does your house insurance come with legal cover / legal assistance? You'll perhaps end up with a better company that way than if you try and find a generic no win no fee type set up, but I guess unless you go to a recommendation based on similar conditions it's hard to know who's good until you're in it

Good luck

Live Forever or Die Trying

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 21 Aug 2016, 21:53

Richie848evo wrote:I've had a needlestick injury at work considering putting in a claim due to the ongoing treatment that I need, occupational health at work are absolutely dog shit as well.

free aids whoop

On a serious note i'll ask sister as she's always coming across this as a phlebotomist

Richie848evo
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Richie848evo » 21 Aug 2016, 22:07

rumpoldstilskin wrote:

free aids whoop

On a serious note i'll ask sister as she's always coming across this as a phlebotomist
Cheers mate

Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Stumoores » 22 Aug 2016, 07:28

Are you not in a union Brother Richie ?
Revving the bollox off it since 1982

Richie848evo
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Richie848evo » 22 Aug 2016, 08:20

No mate i'm not a fan of the unions

ListerTheStupid
Reactions:

Post by ListerTheStupid » 22 Aug 2016, 12:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORwfm2s6JeY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 22 Aug 2016, 23:32

Richie848evo wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:

free aids whoop

Cheers mate

just got off the phone to her, first big ask was 'have you reported it to the police?' Before you cam claim, also to go get bloods done and a Hep B As a matter of urgency!!

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 22 Aug 2016, 23:34

Reporting work-related sharps injuries
Sharps injuries must be reported to HSE under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995 (RIDDOR) if:

an employee is injured by a sharp known to be contaminated with a blood-borne virus (BBV), eg hepatitis B or C or HIV. This is reportable as a dangerous occurrence;
the employee receives a sharps injury and a BBV acquired by this route seroconverts. This is reportable as a disease;
if the injury itself is so severe that it must be reported.
If the sharp is not contaminated with a BBV, or the source of the sharps injury cannot be traced, it is not reportable to HSE, unless the injury itself causes an over-seven-day injury. If the employee develops a disease attributable to the injury, then it must be reported.

BBV is a blood born virus so GET CHECKED!

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 22 Aug 2016, 23:35

Not to make you worry or ewt but there are a lot of foreign people coming through that airport, them Southerners carry all sorts