windows 10

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: windows 10

Post by CRM » 21 Jul 2016, 20:20

ok from someone who works in the industry and with this shit allow me to add my thoughts into the mix

from a home perspective, on decent hardware its smooth and quick and nice to work with. still not that quick to work with it compared to windows 7, but that is more likely me and being more used to server 2012 gui.
it can be a bit mixed performance wise with atom processors and weak hardware. SSD would be essential for old kit.
also factor in what initially starts quickly, it does slow down once all the mandatory updates are forced upon you.
run hooky software ?? avoid it.

from a business perspective, with many business's jumping on the upgrade bandwagon, its been a bit of a pain in the tits for us frankly.
consider this scenario, office with 30 people and 30 PC's all told to "upgrade" so each of those 30 machines go download a 3.2gb file over a 6mb ADSL connection - and they wonder why no one can do any work for 2 - 3 days, even then they forgot to check the line of business app (SAP and lots of others) are not supported on windows 10 and fail to work correctly.

so guess which company mops up lol - yep, us.

i do like it, the tin hat brigade hate it, will it change your life - will it fuck. stick with Windows 7 if in any doubt. however if running 8 then yes upgrade. 8.1 is pretty good to be fair.
Upgrade your account to VIP status to enable the Signature feature.

Barts dad
Reactions:
Re: windows 10

Post by Barts dad » 22 Jul 2016, 00:13

If only I understood the language you speak. (Yes. Old and confused.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk