A1 Ortos Oldham

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
joelee
Reactions:
A1 Ortos Oldham

Post by joelee » 07 Jun 2016, 20:33

Thought i post this on here as it is northwest based and people need to know what there like
Now it's been settled I can post what's gone on with this cowboy out fit. I bought a 2007 S3 off them in January reg GF07 SDY it had a knock on the front end so they said we will look into it and service and mot the car week later gets a call to collect it all fixed with fresh mot so gets the car home to find the car had not been serviced and they had mixed the coilovers up as they had to replace the front two due to the knock so gets them to service it and the fun begins as it will pass a mot with mixed coilovers on I:e KW v3 on the rear and Fk on the front they can pass it off they say but no I had a full report done on the car to find out it needs a rack so they offered £300 towards this they would not change the shocks only to the budget ones and the car is hpi clear but has had a front and rear smash to the point were the front leg has been welded on and was in fact cracked due to the poor welds but had been covered with seam sealant and the shock bit no vin numbers on the car as I only checked the windscreen one so after 6 months of leagl battle with them it is finally going back to them and get my money back I have been to trading standards over it and I think they are informing the police and mot angency as it should not have passed a mot to start with and should not be on the road so this place sell a lot of high performance cars so be aware of these cowboys they will con you into anything.

lee
Reactions:
Re: A1 Ortos Oldham

Post by lee » 07 Jun 2016, 21:02

Shit joelee.
Glad its sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimmytanko
Reactions:

Post by jimmytanko » 07 Jun 2016, 23:34

Any shop.called Ortos instead of Autos would get a wide berth from me anyways tbh.
Glad you got it sorted though ad cheers for the heads up.

Sent from my SO-01G using Tapatalk

gmercer1
Reactions:

Post by gmercer1 » 08 Jun 2016, 07:21

Dat name iz mint innit!

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 12 Jun 2016, 01:18

Oldham, says it all.
I'm almost certain i bought a Peugeot 406 coupe off them years back, the 3.0 V6 variant, for £3k when book price was still around £8k, everything seemed legit, car was spotless! And i mean spotless.

The engine was sweet and as new under the bonnet, leather as new, mileage fully documented, services all upto date etc etc, bargain of my life.........

Or so i thought.

Driving over Snowdon one winters day down a steep pass my wipers failed, then the abs failed, ok so a few issues but it is French and ewt south of Germany is bound to fail on electrics.
Fixed quite cheaply, all happy again.

Then....... I had a few stone chips appear on the bumper over winter so i decides to get it re-sprayed by Peugeot for the best colour match.
Their workshop manager comes our to greet me, gets to talking about my bargain and he agrees i got a steal.
Then he lifts some paint on the bumper where a chip was, he says 'oh',
Me: 'oh?'
Him: 'this isn't the original bumper'
Me: 'hmmmm, you sure'
Him: 'i'll check the chassis numbers'
Me: 'is this going to cost me'
Him: (after 10mins on a computer) 'the police are on their way, this is a stolen car'
Me: ffs

Turned out it was a ringer,

Stolen car wearing the plates from a low mileage cat C (unrecorded) car they bought and obv resprayed the bumpers from legit car to fix the damaged stolen car's bumpers.

Lost my car, lost my money, and as it had been a good 4 months i couldn't prove ewt. Trading standards said they would investigate as did the police but i never heard ewt.