trial approaching

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
keith powell
VIP
Reactions:
trial approaching

Post by keith powell » 30 Apr 2016, 21:45

Hi guys, just a muse, you don't have to say anything, I'm just having a rant, :)

So, as the trial date approaches for the little turd who was arrested riding my stolen motorbike, I have been looking at the 'victim care merseyside' website to look at sentencing and youth crimes, etc.
The alledged crook, found riding my stolen bike, has pleaded not guilty, and as I never saw the bike being taken, I can't say one way or the other.
So guilty of riding stolen property on the road, (allegedly), without MOT, Insurance, Driving licence or road tax, he's guilty of something, but I can't see anything where I'll get a penny.
If the youth isn't able to pay I could be awarded any amount, if found guilty of theft, but most likely only against the crown, and i'd still not get a penny?
I feel like I've paid to witness an expensive show that i didn't want to see? I'll explain.
The Police get their crook, who goes to court. The court all get paid, for righting the wrong, against the highway. The Police get paid for doing their job catching the criminal, who goes to court. The recovery company get paid for collecting my stolen bike after its wrecked in the Police chase, (it might well have been resonably ok up to them, but in the attempt to escape, gets wrecked?)
I pay the recovery people, and end up with a bike not ridable after being told it was minimal damage? I wasn't allowed to see the bike properly till i'd paid (only a photo from one side) Then I paid again to get it home.

I am still trying to see where the justice has been done?
I have paid for the bike, and then again to be recovered, and it still no good, so have to get a new bike??? How is that justice??

Am I missing the point? The law is truly a joke, all being conned into thinking were being protected but in fact were just being milked and told its a good think thats being done for us.

I am also thinking Politicians also fit this ilk too. They pass the laws most likely depending on whats best (for them?).

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:
Re: trial approaching

Post by SMUDGER » 01 May 2016, 08:12

Ok I'll just clear the criminal side up.
Trial for twoc plead guilty = max sentence 4 months.. But jail only for repeat offenders so usually community service around 100 hours or 12 month probation.
He has gone not guilty now if he is found guilty that prison term now is a max of 6 months but as above if not a repeat offender community punishment.
As of the no licence or insurance well the court doesn't bother with this as much as they used to so that's just a 6 month ban no points.
Reason points are rarely given is due to new licencing laws when a you pass you get a clean licence and the two year probation period, as these are civil offences
If he was a disqualified driver well that's different as this is criminal carries max 4 month if plead guilty or 6 month if not. But more than likely community order to run concurrent with the twoc.

As for court ordering compensation forget it I don't think there's ever been a twoc or aggtwoc case were compensation has been issued I believe this is because of insurance. The most money they will pay is £45 for court costs.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

jimmytanko
Reactions:

Post by jimmytanko » 01 May 2016, 08:19

Politicians are supposed to represent those who vote them into office, most get voted in then ignore the opinions and views of those that voted them in and do whatever suits them and will benefit them most.
And it'll never change because they won't vote through laws that would do that!

Sent from my SO-01G using Tapatalk

keith powell
VIP
Reactions:

Post by keith powell » 01 May 2016, 11:16

Like I said Jimmy and Smudge. Not realy justice is it.

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 01 May 2016, 12:03

Its a bitter pill to swallow.

You tend to learn the following the hard way -
1) prevention is better than cure.
Its better to make it as hard as possible to be a victim of theft than have any kind of decent outcome from the result of one.
Out of sight. Noisy to take. Just make it an unattractive proposition.
Not easy or cheap though. And difficult if you have no other choice than to leave on the road.
2) insurance will sting you one way or another. If you have an expensive bike and many years of protected ncd then its worth claiming.
If my cbr went i would just wipe my nose and move on.
3) the justice system seems to be inconsistent at best.
If i do 180mph on an empty motorway im looking at some time at her majesty's pleasure.
Nick my next door neighbours car and ill probably have to pick up litter for a while.

Not sure politicians are to blame.
Its illegal to nick a bike, ride without a licence etc so they seem to have done their bit.
The guidelines on sentences and what the judge or magistrate actually hand down are a problem and i dont know who sets these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barts dad
Reactions:

Post by Barts dad » 11 May 2016, 17:58

lee wrote:Its a bitter pill to swallow.

You tend to learn the following the hard way -
1) prevention is better than cure.
Its better to make it as hard as possible to be a victim of theft than have any kind of decent outcome from the result of one.
Out of sight. Noisy to take. Just make it an unattractive proposition.
Not easy or cheap though. And difficult if you have no other choice than to leave on the road.
2) insurance will sting you one way or another. If you have an expensive bike and many years of protected ncd then its worth claiming.
If my cbr went i would just wipe my nose and move on.
3) the justice system seems to be inconsistent at best.
If i do 180mph on an empty motorway im looking at some time at her majesty's pleasure.
Nick my next door neighbours car and ill probably have to pick up litter for a while.

Not sure politicians are to blame.
Its illegal to nick a bike, ride without a licence etc so they seem to have done their bit.
The guidelines on sentences and what the judge or magistrate actually hand down are a problem and i dont know who sets these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Set by the Home Office Lee.

Cliff
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Cliff » 20 May 2016, 20:26

What it isn't is FAIR,
I feel sorry for you mate,
I know what I would do, but wouldn't post it on a public website,
It's all about the TT ....