THE HOW LONG TO ATTEND A 999 CALL TO PLOD

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
cupidstunt
VIP
Reactions:
THE HOW LONG TO ATTEND A 999 CALL TO PLOD

Post by cupidstunt » 24 Mar 2016, 12:51

My son in law was assualted on his way to work @ 7 30 am last tuesday and suffered facial injuries a 999 call was made to the plod you will not believe how long its going to take for them to come and take a statement from him and he actually knows who done it...........First clue they havent been yet answer to follow you wont believe me
:geek: HEAD PERVERT :geek:

ListerTheStupid
Reactions:
Re: THE HOW LONG TO ATTEND A 999 CALL TO PLOD

Post by ListerTheStupid » 24 Mar 2016, 16:51

anything yet?

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 24 Mar 2016, 18:02

They probably came and went in an hour or two, but the old fossil has forgotten all about it. Bless him.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Stumoores » 24 Mar 2016, 18:03

My brother in law is 50. There new remit is to only service the vulnerable. So if your not bat shit crazy, knocking a woman about or abusing kids ... Crack on, they won't be coming.
Revving the bollox off it since 1982

cupidstunt
VIP
Reactions:

Post by cupidstunt » 24 Mar 2016, 19:02

Firstly this is not directed at the cop on the beat as we would look sick if they werent there this is directed at those who give them their orders .Without boring you with all that went on my daughter did a 999 after her husband was violently assaulted more or less outside their home she was told that because her husband was now inside the house it was not urgent and as such the police will not be coming till wait for it..................NEXT WEDNESDAY NIGHT but it depends if anyone is available W .T.F. If you were to go 5 mile over the speed limit or have a light out you would soon find a cop .Finally a big thank you to Merseyside police i know that im able to walk the streets safe in the knowledge that if im attacked you will do FUCK ALL about it !!!

Barts dad
Reactions:

Post by Barts dad » 24 Mar 2016, 21:15

Cupidstunt. Being a retired copper I do know how the system works. All calls made to the police (999 or not) are graded according to the answers callers give to specific questions asked by the call taker. I won't bore you and everyone else by going into detail as to why it is as it is, but no doubt I'll see you at the carousel in the near future where I will willingly have a chat with you about it.
In a nutshell, there aren't enough officers to cope with the volume of calls. From my experience it is not uncommon or unheard of for a victim to wait a week or even longer to see an officer to report an incident and provide a statement etc. :o
If you want to blame anyone for this shitty state of affairs, blame successive Home Secretaries who have, year after year, ignored Ch. Constables requests to be allowed to recruit officers.

cupidstunt
VIP
Reactions:

Post by cupidstunt » 25 Mar 2016, 19:27

I dont doubt what you say is true but what i dont get is how the chief constable is able to allocate upwards of ten officers to stand in a group pulling motorists into stop checks for trivial issues when these officers would serve a more meaningfull purpose by been seen by the scum bags that now rule the streets in most major cities . I think this is why the cop on the beat doesnt get the respect that he is rightly entiteld to expect from joe public as i said before im not having a go at the cop on the beat .