EU exit, for or against?

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:
Re: EU exit, for or against?

Post by Clarkey » 23 Feb 2016, 22:53

Cabernet wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
lee wrote:Well

Which way you gonna vote?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The problem is, with many things political, it seems very hard to get unbiased information
The way I see the EU issues as a whole, whilst accepting I don't know all sides of it, is that many worker protections and human rights are safeguarded by the EU, and it gives our government someone else to answer to which I think is a good thing in many ways

I guess I don't know, if I had to pick right now, I think I'd choose to stay in, but could perhaps be convinced either way.

Live Forever or Die Trying
That's a two edged sword though. Our goverment might be accountable to a higher body, but it also means they can hide behind it too. The government may not fight a legislation that is not in the countries interest, but will line empowered peoples pockets and there by having washed hands when it all blows up.

For this reason I totally get Scottish devolution and am out of sprouts.
Don't disagree, just on balance with the information I've seen it appears the better option

Live Forever or Die Trying

Fronkey
Reactions:

Post by Fronkey » 23 Feb 2016, 22:54

I was all for out until I watched the full house of commons debate where David Cameron put the case for staying in. It actually made sense. So at the moment I'm in.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Marco
Reactions:

Post by Marco » 24 Feb 2016, 01:54

I'm out. But we won't leave

mozzersaints
VIP
Reactions:

Post by mozzersaints » 24 Feb 2016, 08:24

we wont be allowed out because voting is fixed anyway, so the answer will be what ever suits the rich
TO STRIVE,TO SEEK,TO FIND AND NOT TO YIELD

Alb26
Reactions:

Post by Alb26 » 24 Feb 2016, 09:38

OUT X 63 ... The trouble is the business and trade and industry want us in to make profits ..its intresting
though .. The London Mayor.. " Boris " is feathering his nest with the Out brigrade ... I just wonder
who will be the next PM if it goes against the grain and the Out brigade have it ...now there...Honest
ordinary folk are just sick of the EU and thier directives and Human rights scenarios and Euro monies
.. trouble is the EEC will still be there if we go out ..just an few thought provoking comments good people.

Occams Razor
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Occams Razor » 24 Feb 2016, 10:39

[quote="Alb26"]OUT X 63 ... The trouble is the business and trade and industry want us in to make profits ..its intresting

Doesn't that tell you something? Or do you prefer mass unemployment?
Despite what the Daily Mail says we need Europe more than Europe needs us, it's driven mainly by the German economy less so by the gradually failing French one. Europe is prepared to compromise a lot with us because london is such a huge financial centre, all it needs if we leave is a vindictive deal between a couple of the senior states and the banks, add on a 10% financial levy and we lose our biggest asset to Germany, we don't have any other bargaining tools.
What we pay to Europe is made out to be a big deal in the retarded tabloid press but it's chickenfeed compared to the value of staying in.
The conspiracist in me thinks that whether we leave or not this is a done deal, if we leave we'll rejoin on different terms to a less politicised more trade oriented union very soon after. If we don't more or less the same, maybe an excuse to end the ridiculous euro zone which never can or will work with such diverse economies.
To sum up, I think it's smoke and mirrors to give an illusion of democracy and I'll bet the cost of the referendum is as much as out net payment into the EU for a year.

Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Stumoores » 24 Feb 2016, 12:09

Stay in. An out vote is a flounce !
Revving the bollox off it since 1982

Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Stumoores » 24 Feb 2016, 12:21

"What did the EU ever do for us?
Not much, apart from: providing 57% of our trade;
structural funding to areas hit by industrial decline;
clean beaches and rivers;
cleaner air;
lead free petrol;
restrictions on landfill dumping;
a recycling culture;
cheaper mobile charges;
cheaper air travel;
improved consumer protection and food labelling;
a ban on growth hormones and other harmful food additives;
better product safety;
single market competition bringing quality improvements and better industrial performance;
break up of monopolies;
Europe-wide patent and copyright protection;
no paperwork or customs for exports throughout the single market;
price transparency and removal of commission on currency exchanges across the eurozone;
freedom to travel, live and work across Europe;
funded opportunities for young people to undertake study or work placements abroad;
access to European health services;
labour protection and enhanced social welfare;
smoke-free workplaces;
equal pay legislation;
holiday entitlement;
the right not to work more than a 48-hour week without overtime;
strongest wildlife protection in the world;
improved animal welfare in food production;
EU-funded research and industrial collaboration;
EU representation in international forums;
bloc EEA negotiation at the WTO;
EU diplomatic efforts to uphold the nuclear non-proliferation treaty;
European arrest warrant;
cross border policing to combat human trafficking, arms and drug smuggling; counter terrorism intelligence;
European civil and military co-operation in post-conflict zones in Europe and Africa;
support for democracy and human rights across Europe and beyond;
investment across Europe contributing to better living standards and educational, social and cultural capital.
All of this is nothing compared with its greatest achievements: the EU has for 60 years been the foundation of peace.
Revving the bollox off it since 1982

cupidstunt
VIP
Reactions:

Post by cupidstunt » 24 Feb 2016, 14:49

You forgot to mention the gravy train the kinnocks and loads of others jumped on at our expense
:geek: HEAD PERVERT :geek:

Alb26
Reactions:

Post by Alb26 » 24 Feb 2016, 15:23

Yes Germany .. Angela Merkel has undoubtly set the seeds of a serious political uprising in Germany with the immense
influx of immigrants into the maelstrom of German Society .. we lok at the physical attacks on Ladies at New Year In Cologne by immigrant hoards of persons ... over 100 females reported sexual attacks and robberies it was on the news today ..Head of Police ... has no answer... 13 arrested for theft and 1 for a sex offence..no imminent planned arrests Outrage in Cologne and the German people deeply offended... there may be soon an uprising against these people
and Germans will consider taking matters into thier own hands .. same in Sweden the third largest country in the EEC
I see in May last in Stockholm there six nights of violence , arson and unrest , unprecedented in a one peacefull Sweden
so is it coming to the UK... lets get it right here ..keep the EEC and Europe at arms length I say