EU exit, for or against?

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
lee
Reactions:
EU exit, for or against?

Post by lee » 23 Feb 2016, 19:31

Well

Which way you gonna vote?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:
Re: EU exit, for or against?

Post by SMUDGER » 23 Feb 2016, 20:03

I'm not voting don't bother me if we in or out, before this gets political I don't care lol

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 23 Feb 2016, 20:17

lee wrote:Well

I honestly don't know

The problem is, with many things political, it seems very hard to get unbiased information

The obvious point picked up by the media and politicised is immigration. I accept it causes problems, can add pressure to the NHS etc... But don't think it's as bad as the media sometimes state, though something needs to change. I have just as big a problem (perhaps more so) with people born here who choose not to work and play the system to take the piss, and I've known people like that. I guess I don't think immigration should necessarily be the main point to leave, but it does need something doing

The way I see the EU issues as a whole, whilst accepting I don't know all sides of it, is that many worker protections and human rights are safeguarded by the EU, and it gives our government someone else to answer to which I think is a good thing in many ways

I guess I don't know, if I had to pick right now, I think I'd choose to stay in, but could perhaps be convinced either way

You?

Live Forever or Die Trying

jaffa1963
Reactions:

Post by jaffa1963 » 23 Feb 2016, 20:21

I've thought long and hard about this.

For me all the bollox about immigration is just that... it's bollox and has very little negative impact on our economy and is all about distracting working class minds from the real issues.

I don't like the idea of unelected EU bureaucrats being able to control our laws etc and the money we plow in to it.

However I have a real concern that if we do come out our governments will refuse to spend the money they have saved in supporting the areas that have paid a high price for our departure. The latest information I can find suggests that the Northeast and Midlands will bare the brunt of our exit but I am worried any government will plow the money into the South and London so making the North : South divide worse. I also have major concerns about more UK legislation to reduce workers rights and erode the gains the working class have achieved in the last couple of decades.

We could end up being a mini US, where it's all about making more money for the rich and corporations and keeping the average Joe on the back foot.

Barts dad
Reactions:

Post by Barts dad » 23 Feb 2016, 20:53

[quote="jaffa1963"]I've thought long and hard about this.

I don't like the idea of unelected EU bureaucrats being able to control our laws etc and the money we plow in to it.

Like our House of Lords!

Barts dad
Reactions:

Post by Barts dad » 23 Feb 2016, 20:55

Barts dad wrote:
jaffa1963 wrote:I've thought long and hard about this.

Like our House of Lords!
Back to the question asked. Not made my mind up yet. Need more information before deciding.

cupidstunt
VIP
Reactions:

Post by cupidstunt » 23 Feb 2016, 21:23

Voting for out pissed off with them telling us what we can and cant do pissed off with immigrants coming to the land of milk and honey taking out without paying in and turning the country into a shit hole feels like the british are the immigrants and turkey are due to join in the next 5 years so how many of them will land here rant over
:geek: HEAD PERVERT :geek:

mozzersaints
VIP
Reactions:

Post by mozzersaints » 23 Feb 2016, 21:25

out
TO STRIVE,TO SEEK,TO FIND AND NOT TO YIELD

Richie848evo
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Richie848evo » 23 Feb 2016, 21:28

Out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 23 Feb 2016, 22:44

Clarkey wrote:
lee wrote:Well

The problem is, with many things political, it seems very hard to get unbiased information
The way I see the EU issues as a whole, whilst accepting I don't know all sides of it, is that many worker protections and human rights are safeguarded by the EU, and it gives our government someone else to answer to which I think is a good thing in many ways

I guess I don't know, if I had to pick right now, I think I'd choose to stay in, but could perhaps be convinced either way.

Live Forever or Die Trying
That's a two edged sword though. Our goverment might be accountable to a higher body, but it also means they can hide behind it too. The government may not fight or impotently resist a legislation that is not in the countries interest, but will line empowered peoples pockets and there by having washed hands when it all blows up.

For this reason I totally get Scottish devolution and am out of sprouts.
Last edited by Cabernet on 23 Feb 2016, 23:23, edited 1 time in total.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,