EU exit, for or against?

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
Jim27
VIP
Reactions:
Re: EU exit, for or against?

Post by Jim27 » 27 Mar 2016, 13:17

Cabernet wrote:I believe we get billed by the expats country of residence for their expenditure. Similaly we are meant to return bill for their expats over here. Just we ain't so great at actually getting around to invoicing. There was summit int news a month or 3 back about it.

"New figures show the NHS is paying out millions more for EU healthcare than it is claiming back from EU countries.

In what one MP described as a "scandalous failure", it has emerged that the UK pays more than £670m to EU countries for Brits' healthcare abroad, while claiming back less than £50m from the EU, even though there are significantly more EU citizens in the UK than UK citizens in the EU.

Under the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) - countries can claim back health costs from other EU countries if their citizens use medical services abroad.

The new figures reveal that nearly every country claims more from the UK than the UK claims back from the rest of the EU."

"Even in countries such as Poland where net migration is massively towards the UK, the discrepancy is four-fold in Poland's favour."

Full article - http://news.sky.com/story/1652305/nhs-s ... ions-to-eu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jim's words of wisdom:
We're here for a good time, not a long time.
The power to change your life comes from taking total responsibility for it.

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 27 Mar 2016, 14:17

Jim27 wrote:
Cabernet wrote:I believe we get billed by the expats country of residence for their expenditure. Similaly we are meant to return bill for their expats over here. Just we ain't so great at actually getting around to invoicing. There was summit int news a month or 3 back about it.

"New figures show the NHS is paying out millions more for EU healthcare than it is claiming back from EU countries.

In what one MP described as a "scandalous failure", it has emerged that the UK pays more than £670m to EU countries for Brits' healthcare abroad, while claiming back less than £50m from the EU, even though there are significantly more EU citizens in the UK than UK citizens in the EU.

Under the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) - countries can claim back health costs from other EU countries if their citizens use medical services abroad.

The new figures reveal that nearly every country claims more from the UK than the UK claims back from the rest of the EU."

"Even in countries such as Poland where net migration is massively towards the UK, the discrepancy is four-fold in Poland's favour."

Full article - http://news.sky.com/story/1652305/nhs-s ... ions-to-eu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So you in or out jim?

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 27 Mar 2016, 15:08

Jim27 wrote:

Yeah that were it, wot he rote.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

johnnyrotten13
Reactions:

Post by johnnyrotten13 » 29 Mar 2016, 15:03

lee wrote:
Stumoores wrote:"What did the EU ever do for us?
Not much, apart from: providing 57% of our trade;
structural funding to areas hit by industrial decline;
clean beaches and rivers;
cleaner air;
lead free petrol;
restrictions on landfill dumping;
a recycling culture;
cheaper mobile charges;
cheaper air travel;
improved consumer protection and food labelling;
a ban on growth hormones and other harmful food additives;
better product safety;
single market competition bringing quality improvements and better industrial performance;
break up of monopolies;
Europe-wide patent and copyright protection;
no paperwork or customs for exports throughout the single market;
price transparency and removal of commission on currency exchanges across the eurozone;
freedom to travel, live and work across Europe;
funded opportunities for young people to undertake study or work placements abroad;
access to European health services;
labour protection and enhanced social welfare;
smoke-free workplaces;
equal pay legislation;
holiday entitlement;
the right not to work more than a 48-hour week without overtime;
strongest wildlife protection in the world;
improved animal welfare in food production;
EU-funded research and industrial collaboration;
EU representation in international forums;
bloc EEA negotiation at the WTO;
EU diplomatic efforts to uphold the nuclear non-proliferation treaty;
European arrest warrant;
cross border policing to combat human trafficking, arms and drug smuggling; counter terrorism intelligence;
European civil and military co-operation in post-conflict zones in Europe and Africa;
support for democracy and human rights across Europe and beyond;
investment across Europe contributing to better living standards and educational, social and cultural capital.
All of this is nothing compared with its greatest achievements: the EU has for 60 years been the foundation of peace.
Yeah, but apart from that, what has Europe ever done for us?.....:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
give us 100 pennies to the pound instead of 240, made us pay 5 times as much for petrol through litres insted of gallons ect ect ect fuck um out for me..

Jim27
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Jim27 » 29 Mar 2016, 22:01

lee wrote:So you in or out jim?
I prefer to shake it all about, instead.
Jim's words of wisdom:
We're here for a good time, not a long time.
The power to change your life comes from taking total responsibility for it.

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 29 Mar 2016, 22:08

Jim27 wrote:
lee wrote:So you in or out jim?
I prefer to shake it all about, instead.
You could be a politician with question avoidance like that.

Alb26
Reactions:

Post by Alb26 » 01 May 2016, 09:53

Turkey is kicking off good style these days with anarchy terrorism and malaise and unrest
they are contenders for EEC membership ..... and if accepted their citizens will be holding a
a little purple booklet with the words PASSPORT on....together with approximately 508 million
other Europeans entitling free access to other European member countries.... Yes ... UK ...included
I rest my case ....the quicker we exit the EU ... the better

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 01 May 2016, 10:25

Turkey has suffered terrorist attacks.
So has france, spain, belgium and us for that matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keith powell
VIP
Reactions:

Post by keith powell » 01 May 2016, 11:32

Interesting.
I have been looking at the choices and its not what they are saying, coz thats all scaremongering, but what they are not saying.
We are told that 'probably' this disaster will happen and that 'probably' disaster will happen, but neither side has yet said, definitly what will happen.

All I know is we do, spend 350 million a week on being a member of the EU. I do know that other countries are joining the EU who will not be able to contribute anything like what we pay, and yet will get the same protection and offers to EU market place we do, but we'll be paying for them.

Were told we will lose 25% of our trade opening to the EU, but that is only to the companies who have paid to be in the running. We will be allowed to trade with up to 75% of the rest of the world, like USA China Japan, India, and anyone else we wish to. (we do to some extent already but only ones wealthy enough to pay to be on the trade agreement, and guess where that money goes).

Security of the borders will be our concern again. Human rights issues are a seperate thing, and thats always going to be the seperate, but security would be up to us, and no MEP or member of brussels would be able to decide what sized power vcuum cleaner we can use or buy, or whether we have to have transgender toilets. We would be able to choose.
We can become an island again, and we can be happily british.

I am voting out. I know it won't be easy, but i prefer to know we are our own boss, and that were not feathering some eurocrats nest while we have to listed to the latest dishwater handed down to us from someone whose never been to our country.
Make britain great again.

Just my own views, take them or leave them.

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 01 May 2016, 11:49

keith powell wrote:Interesting.
I have been looking at the choices and its not what they are saying, coz thats all scaremongering, but what they are not saying.
We are told that 'probably' this disaster will happen and that 'probably' disaster will happen, but neither side has yet said, definitly what will happen.

All I know is we do, spend 350 million a week on being a member of the EU. I do know that other countries are joining the EU who will not be able to contribute anything like what we pay, and yet will get the same protection and offers to EU market place we do, but we'll be paying for them.

Were told we will lose 25% of our trade opening to the EU, but that is only to the companies who have paid to be in the running. We will be allowed to trade with up to 75% of the rest of the world, like USA China Japan, India, and anyone else we wish to. (we do to some extent already but only ones wealthy enough to pay to be on the trade agreement, and guess where that money goes).

Security of the borders will be our concern again. Human rights issues are a seperate thing, and thats always going to be the seperate, but security would be up to us, and no MEP or member of brussels would be able to decide what sized power vcuum cleaner we can use or buy, or whether we have to have transgender toilets. We would be able to choose.
We can become an island again, and we can be happily british.

I am voting out. I know it won't be easy, but i prefer to know we are our own boss, and that were not feathering some eurocrats nest while we have to listed to the latest dishwater handed down to us from someone whose never been to our country.
Make britain great again.

Just my own views, take them or leave them.
Im voting out too.
But a few things to remember.
European laws are not simply made by people outside of the uk.
The uk has a say in every law ever passed as our representatives vote them in.
The amount of money payed into the eu varies massively depending who you listen to.
We get a rebate and subsidies but the net given away is near the £100 million mark.
Still a lot of money. But we have loads of money that we waste while local authorities are hit with more and more cuts.
Would we ever see a penny of the saving?
The migration issue is utter bollocks.
The news is full of migrants trying to get in through calais etc. None of them are european. And if you are not in europe then the border moves from calais to the uk.

As i say, i'm voting out.
Only as i dont think europe is something we need. More they need us to help support the failings of the euro.