EU exit, for or against?

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
Dooffle
Reactions:
Re: EU exit, for or against?

Post by Dooffle » 29 Feb 2016, 21:04

As my job could depend on this due to pending contracts, I would most probably vote no.

But given that we (UK) would be able to arrange trade agreements with a wider geographic, this could give the country a boost with exports becoming cheaper for emerging markets, a yes might be in order.

Alb26
Reactions:

Post by Alb26 » 04 Mar 2016, 12:01

I saw Mr Boris Johnson on the TV last night whether you loathe or like him.... A politician I thought his words
Were brilliant ...the French trade minister was making veiled threats to the UK gov about the " consequences"
if the UK left the EEC and doom and gloom scenarios..…etc .....Boris said " Donnez moi in break ".... literally
Give me a break .....how dare the French threaten us .... that's what we exactly need a BREAK .... Well
Done Boris the Lord mayor of London ..keep it going rule Brittania :D

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 23 Mar 2016, 07:18

Some good reading here.http://www.motoguzziclub.co.uk/phpbbfor ... =3&t=25662" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

Marco
Reactions:

Post by Marco » 23 Mar 2016, 10:19

Cabernet wrote:Some good reading here.http://www.motoguzziclub.co.uk/phpbbfor ... =3&t=25662" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It says u have to be logged in to view it

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 23 Mar 2016, 12:33

Doh! Sorry.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

cupidstunt
VIP
Reactions:

Post by cupidstunt » 23 Mar 2016, 12:50

Cabernet wrote:Doh! Sorry.
I we always make allowances for you we like to look after our old and decrepid members :D
:geek: HEAD PERVERT :geek:

Dave_W
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Dave_W » 24 Mar 2016, 00:01

No idea but first inclination is out. Why? Simply that neither the pro or anti EU beurocrats have come up with a compelling argument. From what I have seen/read trade won't be an issue - Germany want those BMW and Mercs sold here as much as we want to buy them. Question is do the German giants have as much political influence as our big hitters in the UK (no doubt yes) so trade will continue on the same basis in the same volumes. Let's face it other countries outside of the EU survive - it's all about producing a commodity people want. From an environmental and workers rights perspective I think we would be raped balls deep if we're not in the EU and on immigration we should have the right to say enoughs enough. Asylum is one thing but free movement to line the pockets of people who will not contribute to our economy, future prosperity or even learn our language and seek to understand and accept our culture is unacceptable. Personal views and feel free to disagree.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

jaffa1963
Reactions:

Post by jaffa1963 » 24 Mar 2016, 08:13

I'm still really struggling to make up my mind about the EU.

My issues are:-

Too many work shy scumbags thinking they are owed something by the rest of us stupid to work. Most of these are white English, Scots, Welsh. They are not all immigrants over here on the ponce. I know arseholes who pretend to be disabled so they don't have to look for work and get a new car every three years. Their only problem is they eat and drink too much and do fuck all. I know others who pop out kids every few years like battery chickens so they can keep the benefits rolling in, don't have to look for work and can still chain smoke their fags and spliffs.

I have long term concerns about immigration as a lot of people clearly want to come here. But that is our own fault for showing the rest of the world for the last 40 years that its okay to be a workshy cunt who doesn't want to be educated or get a job as the tax payers will happily support you while you mug us up.

Loads of people who want to work being forced to take zero hours contracts or shorts hours and minimum wages so on the bread line and struggling.

Politicians thinking we are all thick cunts who they can lie to and take the piss out of.

Politicians preoccupation with making those in the South richer and us up here getting fuck all but fracking and an East Lancs Road "improvement scheme" and guided bus scheme we didn't want.

Concerns over a larger EU. Not because Turkey is muslim or the people are a bit browner than me but because it doesn't make sense in a system based around the richer states supporting the poorer states for us to let Turkey in just so we can all give them money while they export Beko white goods to us more cheaply.

If we get out of Europe i fear that there will be more zero hours contracts and shit employment rights. Any money saved from no EU subsidy will be wasted down south. Or better still... they will give the richer folk more tax cuts. We will end up being a country where employees have fuck all rights and shit social care while the richer get to take the piss even more, racism and nepotism will be actively encouraged and it's okay to beat up and oppress people as long as they aren't rich white folk.

If we stay in Europe we get the EU protecting our rights but at a cost... There will also be more immigration issues.

I ask myself the question... Am I more scared of immigrants? Or am I more scared of my own government and their support of big business? (If labour get in next time round they will only give more money to the scumbags out of my taxes so they aren't much better.)

I really don't know the answer.

Chickenstrips
Reactions:

Post by Chickenstrips » 26 Mar 2016, 17:55

I just want to know, in the case of an 'out' vote, how we are going to bring back the one million ex-pats living in Spain and 'sponging' off their welfare state (I don't have any evidence to back this up btw, but the out campaign don't bother much with that anyway) as well as the several hundred thousands living and working in other EC countries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 26 Mar 2016, 20:10

I believe we get billed by the expats country of residence for their expenditure. Similaly we are meant to return bill for their expats over here. Just we ain't so great at actually getting around to invoicing. There was summit int news a month or 3 back about it.