Northwest (mountain) bikers?

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:
Re: Northwest (mountain) bikers?

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 01 Jan 2016, 20:21

Pacuk wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:I'm game, used to ride the black route near Snowdon, name of the trail centre escapes me but its fun, The Evil Eye Trail in Austria was more fun but in my younger days when i used to bounce off the floor not damage it :/ (my old bike built with love Image before i splurged all my money on motorbikes)
ImageImage

I know its not DH or even much cross-country but i'd love to do the Leeds to Liverpool trial at some point this year.

Oh and Woody if your misses is still up for grabs...... ImageImage i do love a redhead.
Could do some sort of charity ride maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i'd definitely do that :)

Pacuk
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Pacuk » 01 Jan 2016, 20:27

rumpoldstilskin wrote:
Pacuk wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:I'm game, used to ride the black route near Snowdon, name of the trail centre escapes me but its fun, The Evil Eye Trail in Austria was more fun but in my younger days when i used to bounce off the floor not damage it :/ (my old bike built with love Image before i splurged all my money on motorbikes)
ImageImage

I know its not DH or even much cross-country but i'd love to do the Leeds to Liverpool trial at some point this year.

Oh and Woody if your misses is still up for grabs...... ImageImage i do love a redhead.
Could do some sort of charity ride maybe

i'd definitely do that :)
127 miles, would be a 2 ride so would require a bit of planning.. I'll see if there's an organised one

Pacuk
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Pacuk » 01 Jan 2016, 20:33

http://www.kutaoutdoors.co.uk/liverpool ... challenge/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Stumoores » 01 Jan 2016, 21:05

I ride a redhead most weeks, not for charity tho !
Revving the bollox off it since 1982

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 01 Jan 2016, 21:57

Stumoores wrote:I ride a redhead most weeks, not for charity tho !

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 01 Jan 2016, 22:12

Pacuk wrote:http://www.kutaoutdoors.co.uk/liverpool ... challenge/

i like that its organised but since when have any members of NWB been organised? (Bar @fronkey)

I reckon on a meeting place out end, a tent between every 2-3, share any luggage and a booked night in leeds somewhere for 1 night to make us feel human again and for a nightout with the best John Wayne walk impression as YOU WILL HAVE A MAJOR SORE ARSE. (And not from a bumming haha unless @cupidstunt comes)

Failing that some trail riding in snowdonia and i'll try and book my mates log cabin or stay at my cousins church in Lanrug and have a big piss up.

rjvader
Reactions:

Post by rjvader » 07 Jan 2016, 11:24

The bike trails in the forest above betws-y-coed are pretty good. i definitely recommend a trip there.

They start off just up the road from the free car park here - https://goo.gl/maps/yBhJdYjjQFL2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . The climbs follow the walking trails if i remember rightly, but the descents peel off to some pretty fun bike-only tracks. there's loads of different routes to explore for different levels of difficulty. Been a while since i went but last time i was there I witnessed my mate falling into a stream off a narrow path...was brilliant.

(please note - approaching the carpark from "the ugly house" direction (A5) there's a VERY long and steep hill leading up to this car park. small engine'd cars can kinda do it... but you need to drive like Sébastien Loeb right from the bottom by the outdoor center to get up first go, otherwise its a long roll reversing back down as there's no turning spaces.)

Occams Razor
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Occams Razor » 07 Jan 2016, 12:35

rjvader wrote:The bike trails in the forest above betws-y-coed are pretty good. i definitely recommend a trip there.

They start off just up the road from the free car park here - https://goo.gl/maps/yBhJdYjjQFL2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . The climbs follow the walking trails if i remember rightly, but the descents peel off to some pretty fun bike-only tracks. there's loads of different routes to explore for different levels of difficulty. Been a while since i went but last time i was there I witnessed my mate falling into a stream off a narrow path...was brilliant.

(please note - approaching the carpark from "the ugly house" direction (A5) there's a VERY long and steep hill leading up to this car park. small engine'd cars can kinda do it... but you need to drive like Sébastien Loeb right from the bottom by the outdoor center to get up first go, otherwise its a long roll reversing back down as there's no turning spaces.)
That road's a terrifying descent on a bike as well, as well as being narrow and steep it's shaded by trees so stays damp and has a lovely coating of moss and lichen to keep it wet and slimy. When I was doing a bit of mountain biking I much preferred the forest trails around bettws, Whinlatter and Grizedale to the mountain bike centres.

norifan
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by norifan » 07 Jan 2016, 13:59

It was quite interesting watching the downhill lads at Nevis range last year, think they pay about £40 and just keep going all day, hooking their bikes on the back of the cable car to get back to the top. Apparently they have international competitions there, had the wooden hut with steep launching ramp. A bit too hairy for my owd bones now, but you young'uns could go for it Guy Martin style.