Need a sparkie

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
gingerb
Reactions:
Need a sparkie

Post by gingerb » 16 Dec 2015, 08:33

I have been given a newish electric cooker and need someone to wire it in as I'm not sure my wall unit has 2 or 3 wires to it (that bit is old) does anyone know of a reliable and cheap spark who could do it for me please as me pennies are in short supply due to a f....... puncture on a new set of tyres recently :) :)

Pacuk
VIP
Reactions:
Re: Need a sparkie

Post by Pacuk » 16 Dec 2015, 11:35

Just like wiring a plug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 16 Dec 2015, 11:57

If harmonised brown to brown blue to Blue, the earth usually connect to the back plate. If not harmonised then brown to red, blue to black and earth same should take any novice 20 mins just make sure the fuse labelled cooker in the consumer unit (fuse box) is set to off first

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

cupidstunt
VIP
Reactions:

Post by cupidstunt » 16 Dec 2015, 19:01

Make sure you get someone who knows what their doing im fairly sure that cookers need their own seperate feed as they pull a lot more power than other items
:geek: HEAD PERVERT :geek:

Dave
Reactions:

Post by Dave » 16 Dec 2015, 19:12

most modern cookers are 2kw and work off a 13amp Fused plug..the cable will be 1 or 1.5mm….pop one of these on and put into a normal socket ….the Hob uses more power and needs a 30 amp separate circuit using 6mm twin and earth cable,poss and 10mm cable depending on the kw output...these need hard wiring straight back to the fuse board and have to be done by a qualified spark who can produce

In all honesty if you dont know what your doing with electrics get a qualified person in ..it will work out cheaper for hi to do it than you blowing up the house.

When my company fits kitchens we have in sparks to wire in the hobs and they have to supply us with paperwork showing what he has done complies with the current regs. Any faults or damage they are then liable for
:

cupidstunt
VIP
Reactions:

Post by cupidstunt » 16 Dec 2015, 19:15

Thanks dave thought i was right :D
:geek: HEAD PERVERT :geek:

Marco
Reactions:

Post by Marco » 16 Dec 2015, 21:44

I think (correct if wrong) but if u previously had an electric cooker u should be able to wire a plug on or wire it direct into the wall socket that was used previously

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 16 Dec 2015, 22:04

Anyone can wire a cooker to a standalone cooker fuse spur you don't need nic eis but it is illegal to touch the consumer unit

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 16 Dec 2015, 22:22

Dave wrote:most modern cookers are 2kw and work off a 13amp Fused plug..the cable will be 1 or 1.5mm….pop one of these on and put into a normal socket ….the Hob uses more power and needs a 30 amp separate circuit using 6mm twin and earth cable,poss and 10mm cable depending on the kw output...these need hard wiring straight back to the fuse board and have to be done by a qualified spark who can produce

In all honesty if you dont know what your doing with electrics get a qualified person in ..it will work out cheaper for hi to do it than you blowing up the house.

When my company fits kitchens we have in sparks to wire in the hobs and they have to supply us with paperwork showing what he has done complies with the current regs. Any faults or damage they are then liable for
Ovens are usually in the 4kw region and can run on 2.5mm your right there but it also depends on the distance. The shorter the better but as of the hobs no would need to be 6.0mm unless your never going to have all four-six on.

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 16 Dec 2015, 22:32

SMUDGER wrote:
Dave wrote:most modern cookers are 2kw and work off a 13amp Fused plug..the cable will be 1 or 1.5mm….pop one of these on and put into a normal socket ….the Hob uses more power and needs a 30 amp separate circuit using 6mm twin and earth cable,poss and 10mm cable depending on the kw output...these need hard wiring straight back to the fuse board and have to be done by a qualified spark who can produce

Ovens are usually in the 4kw region and can run on 2.5mm your right there but it also depends on the distance. The shorter the better but as of the hobs no would need to be 6.0mm unless your never going to have all four-six on.

Just quick edit it's safer to have oven on a isolated set up due to it will be fixed