Important - please read

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:
Important - please read

Post by Clarkey » 27 Nov 2015, 22:26

Hi

Please read the below, and sign if you agree.

This could make a mockery of democracy.  Lancashire said no, and this could overrule that decision.

Fracking is extremely short sighted.  From what I've read and seen I'm certain that if it goes ahead there will be a long term impact on our environment and health.

Even if it was safe (which I strongly believe it is not), more fossil fuels simply cannot be the long term answer.  This short sighted farce is being pushed purely for financial gain of big business, and their stakeholders.  It's disgusting.

Please do sign it and forward it on, the numbers really count.

Thanks

Clarkey

Hi there,

Earlier this year, people from across Lancashire worked tirelessly to pressure the local council to say NO to fracking. But now, in an unprecedented move that makes a mockery out of local democracy, Westminster politicians announced that they’ll have the final say.

Greg Clark, who is in charge of local democracy, has called on council leaders to "take power" back from central government in the past. It's going to be really embarrassing for him to ignore his own advice. So let's show him that thousands of us are watching, and that we won't let him get away with backtracking on his own words.

Click below to sign the petition:
https://secure.greenpeace.org.uk/page/s ... 127fraef02" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rebecca, who lives in Lancashire and is part of the group Nanas Against Fracking, summed it up this morning when she told us: "I'm feeling furious about the government's latest blow, but I'm also feeling defiant. If they think we are going away now they are hugely mistaken."

For Rebecca, and everyone who continues to work tirelessly to keep fossil fuel industry at bay, let’s show David Cameron’s government that we’re never giving up.

Please sign the petition to stand with the people of Lancashire:
https://secure.greenpeace.org.uk/page/s ... 127fraef02" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank you

Live Forever or Die Trying

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Important - please read

Post by Cabernet » 27 Nov 2015, 22:45

Signed.

This is so important an issue.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

Jim27
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Jim27 » 27 Nov 2015, 22:50

Signed and shared on Facebook. Massively important issue...
Jim's words of wisdom:
We're here for a good time, not a long time.
The power to change your life comes from taking total responsibility for it.

Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Stumoores » 27 Nov 2015, 22:57

Frack off
Revving the bollox off it since 1982

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 27 Nov 2015, 23:31

Thanks for signing and the comments, it's very reassuring - such a dirty situation

Tomo
Reactions:

Post by Tomo » 28 Nov 2015, 12:34

Signed mate!

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 28 Nov 2015, 13:35

Thanks

Please repost on any other forums you all go on, especially north west based ones

I'm not at all a NIMBY (Not In My Back Yard)... This shouldn't happen anywhere, it's just that Lancashire was one of the first targets for it. This will set a precedent

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 28 Nov 2015, 15:49

Nanas against fracking!?

Oh hahahahaaaa.

Thats good comedy.

Got a vision of a gang of old dears meeting up to discuss the latest developments while having tea and scones.
One will keep repeating themselves and one will smell strongly of piss.

If it gives us some oil or gas and creates jobs then its got to be good.
Pretty sure there will be no environmental impact that will affect me.

Frack on!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 28 Nov 2015, 16:17

Is it me or when it's in our own backyard it becomes a problem,nturn your central heating and hot water off don't use electric don't ride or drive. Then fracking wouldn't be needed. Im in n no way for fracking or against it and tbh I couldn't be arsed.
And on that note I best turn the heating up

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 28 Nov 2015, 16:32

Smudger, it's disappointing if you believe what you have posted

Like I said, it's not just my back yard I have a problem with, it's any investment in fossil fuels, here, anywhere else in the country or abroad

I use electric over gas where possible, and the solar panels I have still make more than I use over the year... It's not perfect yet, as I sell during the day and buy at night / shit days, but overall I'm self sufficient in electricity. I read up on battery tech every week and will purchase home storage in the next few years (I hope) so I'm actually more self sufficient.

I'm trying, and anything to push the government away from investing in and backing fossil fuels where possible is the only answer. I believe you've got kids, and if so the future really matters for you

Anyway, I hope more people sign, and thanks to those who have