Important - please read

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
lee
Reactions:
Re: Important - please read

Post by lee » 28 Nov 2015, 19:56

My water comes from nestlé, not lancashire.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

bloke
Reactions:

Post by bloke » 28 Nov 2015, 19:56

really don't see the problem over this? in the uk only non hazardous additives can be used along with the water and it's not as though we live on a fault line either? was it two 'earthquakes recorded in blackpool of such a tiny scale a couple of wardrobes shook a bit!!

i hate to think the fuss that would be made over coal mining if we started that again in this country??

started in 1993 and no issues so far...http://www.cuadrillaresources.com/our-s ... s/elswick/

over 1,000,000 wells in the usa and it's been around since late 1800's in one way or another.

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 28 Nov 2015, 20:02

bloke wrote:really don't see the problem over this? in the uk only non hazardous additives can be used along with the water and it's not as though we live on a fault line either? was it two 'earthquakes recorded in blackpool of such a tiny scale a couple of wardrobes shook a bit!!

i hate to think the fuss that would be made over coal mining if we started that again in this country??

started in 1993 and no issues so far...http://www.cuadrillaresources.com/our-s ... s/elswick/

over 1,000,000 wells in the usa and it's been around since late 1800's in one way or another.
The earthquakes caused damage to houses I've been told (by a guy whose house cracked on that day j but it was really difficult to prove, so the company denied it.

There are loads of worries, but the tremors could upset the concrete 'seal' keeping the water table 'safe'

Let's say all the fears are untrue, and the added industrialisation of the countryside for foreign investment doesn't bother anyone, the absolute best case is more fossil fuels... The dangers, risks and lies make it difficult to understand why it's being considered... The answer being of course money

Whilst I wouldn't believe 100% of the fears, as unfortunately no one is unbiased, I sure as hell wouldn't take information off Cuadrilla's website alone, that's like a turkey voting for Christmas

Live Forever or Die Trying
Last edited by Clarkey on 28 Nov 2015, 21:47, edited 1 time in total.

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 28 Nov 2015, 20:03

SMUDGER wrote:
Cabernet wrote:
SMUDGER wrote:No I meant gas is a natural source we use no one complains fracking is another means to get this gas. So when all the fracking starts I bet not a one person who is against it doesn't reap it's rewards

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
It is the process of Fracking that is the issue, not the gas it produces.
Albeit but no one's going to boycott the gas it produces. Or am I only one thing it's hypocrisy

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
Yes they will. Obviously you can't directly ensure you don't use fracked gas, but you can go with an energy supplier who doesn't use it. It will definitely affect the supplier I use if it starts

Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Stumoores » 28 Nov 2015, 22:25

If you don't want to sign the petition don't. You don't need to justify yourself, unless you feel the need to. In which case I would be interested in why you feel the need to ?
Revving the bollox off it since 1982

bloke
Reactions:

Post by bloke » 28 Nov 2015, 23:05

so if i don't agree i can't speak my mind on it unless i can justify myself??

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 28 Nov 2015, 23:27

I appreciate the support, but people should be able to state their views, and debate. This post was in support of democracy, let's not be hypocrites

I hope those that support this keep signing

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 29 Nov 2015, 09:10

Clarkey wrote:I appreciate the support, but people should be able to state their views, and debate. This post was in support of democracy, let's not be hypocrites

I hope those that support this keep signing

Tis true, your original post was less about fracking, and more about the decision makers being a moving target depending on the topic of the day. Seems to me, if there is something like service cuts to be made, then local government gets the dirty job. If there are some nesting feathers going round a topic, central government are more than happy to step in and muscule shit down from on high.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Stumoores » 29 Nov 2015, 22:42

Like I said I would be interested in why you feel the need to justify not signing. I think that our little island needs protecting but if you have a different perspective I'm all ears, could be I've missed the big picture
Revving the bollox off it since 1982