Important - please read

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:
Re: Important - please read

Post by SMUDGER » 28 Nov 2015, 16:44

Unfortunately I am one of them people

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Soviet
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Soviet » 28 Nov 2015, 16:46

Clarkey wrote:I use electric over gas where possible, and the solar panels I have still make more than I use over the year... It's not perfect yet, as I sell during the day and buy at night / shit days, but overall I'm self sufficient in electricity. I read up on battery tech every week and will purchase home storage in the next few years (I hope) so I'm actually more self sufficient.

I don't believe in fracking but do believe in wind, sea and solar power - unfortunately a lot of the people in the country campaign against wind farms - the self sufficiency solutions are great too but sadly way beyond the reach of most people particularly on cost (hence why they are not more widely adopted). So as the UK in general (and the world at large) continue to pursue fossil fuels it is hard to fight corporations who are exploiting this - but good news from Lancashire yesterday though on refusing planning at the local round, but the secretary of state isn't subject to any further democratic checks if he chooses to approve on behalf of the government (who openly support fracking) ...who voted for them ? !

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 28 Nov 2015, 16:50

Soviet wrote:I don't believe in fracking but do believe in wind, sea and solar power - unfortunately a lot of the people in the country campaign against wind farms - the self sufficiency solutions are great too but sadly way beyond the reach of most people particularly on cost (hence why they are not more widely adopted). So as the UK in general (and the world at large) continue to pursue fossil fuels it is hard to fight corporations who are exploiting this - but good news from Lancashire yesterday though on refusing planning at the local round, but the secretary of state isn't subject to any further democratic checks if he chooses to approve on behalf of the government (who openly support fracking) ...who voted for them ? !
Nicely said... Not me!

I'm not sure why wind is so hated, as long as it's not too close to houses due to possible noise, but it does seem to cause controversy.

The cost of Solar has more than halved in 4 years, and the tech is better, but I agree it's still not 'cheap'. I'm thankful for the incentives for the early adopters to buy them, so they dropped so much. I saved like hell to get mine, and it was a big investment which will take at least 6-7 years to break even. I am hopeful they'll drop more, and as energy prices increase they'll start to make more sense anyway

Flow batteries seem to be the most promising at the moment for home storage, quite interesting to read up about if you're into that kind of thing

Live Forever or Die Trying

Dave
Reactions:

Post by Dave » 28 Nov 2015, 17:31

done !
:

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 28 Nov 2015, 17:37

1) The government wouldnt approve it if there were any serious risks.
2) it might make my fuel bill a bit cheaper.
3) it may boost local economies.
4) most of the stuff I eat or drink comes from abroad.
5) worst case if it goes tits up it wont affect me and my kids generation can sort it.

If these local authorities keep pissing about and crying over it then its only right someone with balls says enough is enough and takes the decision away from them.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 28 Nov 2015, 17:39

Dave wrote:done !
Thanks Dave

Live Forever or Die Trying

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 28 Nov 2015, 19:06

SMUDGER wrote:Is it me or when it's in our own backyard it becomes a problem,nturn your central heating and hot water off don't use electric don't ride or drive. Then fracking wouldn't be needed. Im in n no way for fracking or against it and tbh I couldn't be arsed.
And on that note I best turn the heating up

Fracking is more than just burning off gas. It is about the chemicals they use to crack the rock. If those chemicals breach out of the rock and contaminate the water table, that's when it all goes to rats. Fracking has been carried out in the states and the health of the local communities has suffered believed to be due to contaminated water. This is not about yet ore green house gases. It's about devastating the environment in an even short time.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 28 Nov 2015, 19:37

No I meant gas is a natural source we use no one complains fracking is another means to get this gas. So when all the fracking starts I bet not a one person who is against it doesn't reap it's rewards

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 28 Nov 2015, 19:41

SMUDGER wrote:No I meant gas is a natural source we use no one complains fracking is another means to get this gas. So when all the fracking starts I bet not a one person who is against it doesn't reap it's rewards

It is the process of Fracking that is the issue, not the gas it produces.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 28 Nov 2015, 19:45

Cabernet wrote:
SMUDGER wrote:No I meant gas is a natural source we use no one complains fracking is another means to get this gas. So when all the fracking starts I bet not a one person who is against it doesn't reap it's rewards

It is the process of Fracking that is the issue, not the gas it produces.
Albeit but no one's going to boycott the gas it produces. Or am I only one thing it's hypocrisy