new mobile phone suggestions

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
lee
Reactions:
new mobile phone suggestions

Post by lee » 12 Oct 2015, 15:31

Well its time to replace my old phone with something a bit more modern.
Ive had a samsung galaxy s2 for the last 4 years and its got to go.

I had done loads of research and had decided that the sony xperia z5 compact was the one to get.
Then I actually went and tried one.
Fuck me. What an ugly as fuck brick.

Somebody recommended an lg g4, not sure about the leather back...

There were two phones I deffo didnt want.
Any samsung (after the issues with mine and my mrs later s4 mini)
An I phone.

But then I looked at them....
God that s6 edge is stunning.
And the I phone looks great and actually works without all the added on shit that manufacturers paste over the android system.

So what are people using?
Anyone have an iphone 6 or galaxy s6 that they want to share an honest opinion on?
The htc one m9 also got a cursory look but not sure about that one.

ListerTheStupid
Reactions:
Re: new mobile phone suggestions

Post by ListerTheStupid » 12 Oct 2015, 16:04

All depends on what you need it for?

I have a iPhone 5s, I email, text, phone, internet...

The wife has a HTC Eye, does the same as me, Email, text, phone, internet..

both do it perfect.

All phones are the same to me.. don't matter what one you get it will do the same or 99% the same as every other phone on the market.

I like iPhones... so get a 6/6s

lee711
Reactions:

Post by lee711 » 12 Oct 2015, 18:13

can't comment on apple phones, but im looking at upgrading from galaxy S3 to either S5,S6 or S6 edge. From the research i've done it seems that the step up from s3 to s5 is quite significant in processor speed, screen quality and camera quality. The s5 is a bit larger than the s3 but is constructed in the same style and uses a micro sim with expandable memory card slot and removable battery, also waterproof. The s6 is again a step up in processor speed, a bit bigger in size and a slightly better screen resolution but same megapixel camera, it has a different chassis ( uses a apple esque metal frame ) and has a glass rear, the rear camera also protrudes from the rear. The s6 uses a nano sim card and does not have the option of expandable memory, instead it offers pre-sized variants 32/64/128 gig and again in the apple style, comes with a fixed internal battery. The 'Edge' seems very much the same but with a nicely styled curved screen edge, both the s6 models have induction charging and i believe the s5 can have this retro fitted as a purchasable kit. The s6 has also had an upgrade to its fingerprint recognition software, which apparently was dubious at best on the s5, I'm no professional on these phones but this is what i've gathered over the past week or so.

Xjr1300
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Xjr1300 » 12 Oct 2015, 18:31

I've had the iPhone 6 for 3mths now prior to that I had the 4s,both phones perform really well,I use mine for calls texts emails and Internet browsing
don't bother with the LGG3,my Mrs has one and she wants to change it,it's really slow compared to her last phone which was a Samsung S3

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 12 Oct 2015, 18:52

Xjr1300 wrote: don't bother with the LGG3,my Mrs has one and she wants to change it,it's really slow compared to her last phone which was a Samsung S3
I'd take it back if that's the case, it should be far far quicker so must be faulty?

Soviet
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Soviet » 12 Oct 2015, 19:42

Iphone !

If you can get the 6 on a good deal its well worth it - the 6s is awesome but pricey but is very well featured for both apps and camera /vid

finchey63
Reactions:

Post by finchey63 » 12 Oct 2015, 22:20

+1 on the iPhone 6.
Not had mine that long but I love it.
I'm not not really a tech type person,
I only phone txt browse and email but I find it really easy to use.

Dave
Reactions:

Post by Dave » 12 Oct 2015, 22:31

Another vote for iPhone 6 lee . It does everything I need , hardly have any apps on it though . It's a 4g signal , so fast enough , Links to my iPad and Mac book .

I think most phones these days are very similar , some have a stronger selling point in one area while the others have it in another .

The camera on the iPhone 6 takes superb quality pics .
:

bloke
Reactions:

Post by bloke » 12 Oct 2015, 23:53

htc 3-4 days without charging.

finchey63
Reactions:

Post by finchey63 » 13 Oct 2015, 09:02

bloke wrote:htc 3-4 days without charging.
How much usage for that bloke.
I have a iPhone 6 and have to charge it everyday.