Wizards of E

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:
Wizards of E

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 28 May 2021, 17:48

I am not going to promote drug taking but I bet the late 80's were an absolute scream. What a time to be discovering house music, no phones, no Internet, living in the moment, no lock downs only lock ins.... Epic.
It's a great series if anyone has a long drive, what a great listen

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4IrKC8 ... =copy-link

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

lee
Reactions:
Re: Wizards of E

Post by lee » 11 Jun 2021, 21:01

First half of the 90’s was similar.
When i left school in ‘94 no one had a mobile, the internet was brand new and shit. So no one bothered with it.
Simpler times

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 23 Jun 2021, 18:12

lee wrote:First half of the 90’s was similar.
When i left school in ‘94 no one had a mobile, the internet was brand new and shit. So no one bothered with it.
Simpler times
I bet it were bloody great. No cold calls reaching you when you are trying to have time to yourself.
No interruptions during a conversation, kids listening to their parents rather than watching some jobless twat videoing themselves watchig a video of someone else vedeoing themselves playing some shite computer game.

Glad we were piss poor as kids, got no interest in computer games, reality TV or ewt. And listen to music with auditable lyrics rather than mumble rap... Like seriously wtf is it?

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 18 Aug 2021, 23:01

No speed cameras or cctv back in the 80's. AIDS was the worry of the era Bike rallies were wild and little camera evidence. Just fond memories of care free parties. Points had just been abandoned by manufactures, but carbs were still king.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 21 Aug 2021, 14:23

Cabernet wrote:No speed cameras or cctv back in the 80's. AIDS was the worry of the era Bike rallies were wild and little camera evidence. Just fond memories of care free parties. Points had just been abandoned by manufactures, but carbs were still king.
The glory days.

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 04 Sep 2021, 11:02

I do wonder what learners today will get out of biking. A pale shade of that which I enjoyed I fear.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 23 Mar 2022, 10:32

Cabernet wrote:I do wonder what learners today will get out of biking. A pale shade of that which I enjoyed I fear.
I completely agree.
I’ve pulled along side a few younger riders (I’m young enough myself like) and they don’t want to talk, have their oh ones out at lights.
The ones I have spoken to are only riding because a car is too expensive or they are just hanging around at the local McDonalds.

Bonkers.

We’ll have to do a NWB OG ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk