It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:41 pm

Lexmoto 125 Arrow

Please use this forum to post information regarding stolen bikes.
  • Author

Marco

Re: Lexmoto 125 Arrow

PostThu Feb 18, 2016 7:20 am

Keith can u put up some pictures of bike before stolen? What's the reg too mate?

J..R

PostThu Feb 18, 2016 1:16 pm

Sorry to hear this Keith, I'll keep an eye out up my way and see if its spotted this way.... Also could be worth popping into Revolution Scooters and letting them know just incase it pops up at one of the shops needing repairs etc?

rumpoldstilskin

VIP

PostThu Feb 18, 2016 1:38 pm

+1 for wheeling her inside the house at night. Yes it'll be awkward but it'll also be away for tea-leaving eyes.

keith powell

VIP

PostSat Feb 20, 2016 12:06 am

Thanks Lee, I wish I could.
I was putting it in the back alley, but some pratt has dumped some old fence panels there so i cant get my bike in and out. There are 2 gates so I was parking it at the back and riding str8 through but i can't reverse all the way back to the one entrance that opens.

So, I have been told, they have found it, theres minimal damage, and they arrested a rider, on the bike at the time.
Not allowed to say where yet.

I've made a statement, and have to keep it quiet for a while longer. so Shhhhhhhh.

So suggestions, I will possibly try to sell it now, but will make sure its safe and sound.
I don't need 2 bikes. What do you think?

Just have to see what 'minimal' damage is?

Can't have it yet forensics have it till at least wed.

Do you think if i left some polish they'd do a job for me??? Yeah right.

I'll keep you all posted. :)

Keith
Last edited by keith powell on Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

keith powell

VIP

PostSat Feb 20, 2016 12:07 am

Just seen other replies and thank you all. It's great to have such a community. :)

:)

Keith

keith powell

VIP

PostSat Feb 20, 2016 12:09 am

ps, i need to buy some new stickers!!!!!!!

keith powell

VIP

PostTue Feb 23, 2016 11:33 pm

The saga of my stolen bike continues. Last Friday my motorbike was recovered by Police in Kirkby. A text was sent to me for me to call when it was free to be picked up. The cost was £150.00 which I can't afford on top of the new bike, insurance increase, new permit and extra new security.
I was then contacted by the Police and asked for a statement as they had a suspect in custody and could not charge without my statement, which I gave and.
At that time I was told the recovery fee of £150 would be waived. So I have waited till the bike was available to be recovered thinking as the injured party I would be able to just go with the correct papers but now told I have to pay the fee of £150.00 because the police use this company (Mansfield recovery Bridle lane). I was not given any choice about the recovery. How can it be right for someone in my situation who is the innocent party be asked to pay £150.00 to get back my own goods that I could have recovered for far less. Why are so many ppl making money from my loss. The bike was on my property chained up and taken. I lost a days work on top of all that. It's beyond me. I don't see this as justice? Please SHARE so others know. The Police have their collar and aren't bothered about me only getting someone in court. SHARE please.

norifan

NWAA Supporter

NWAA Supporter

PostWed Feb 24, 2016 8:08 am

Absolutely scandalous, scumbags should have to pay it you back & a a shit load more besides to cover all your losses

cupidstunt

VIP

PostWed Feb 24, 2016 11:44 am

You need to contact Fat Bob if you can he had the same issue with this company last year cant remember how he went about it but he got the recovery fee cancelled via the cops
:geek: HEAD PERVERT :geek:

Stumoores

VIP

PostWed Feb 24, 2016 6:46 pm

My understanding is that if the recovery instigated by the Police is for 'safekeeping', then the owner is liable - usually paid by the insurer without any deduction of excess.
The alternative is they ring you up at 4am tell you your bike is 120 miles away in the arse end of the roughest council estate and by the time you get there it's been nicked again only this time they find it the next day burnt out after its killed a four year old child playing in the street. Your insurance then has to pick up an even bigger bill. This is why all major UK insuances are more than happy to pay £150 + £20 a day.

However, if it was recovered by the Police for forensic purposes, then they are liable for the charges.
Revving the bollox off it since 1982
PreviousNext

Return to Stolen Bikes