It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:40 pm

Lexmoto 125 Arrow

Please use this forum to post information regarding stolen bikes.
  • Author

keith powell

VIP

Re: Lexmoto 125 Arrow

PostWed Feb 24, 2016 10:41 pm

Stumoores wrote:My understanding is that if the recovery instigated by the Police is for 'safekeeping', then the owner is liable - usually paid by the insurer without any deduction of excess.
The alternative is they ring you up at 4am tell you your bike is 120 miles away in the arse end of the roughest council estate and by the time you get there it's been nicked again only this time they find it the next day burnt out after its killed a four year old child playing in the street. Your insurance then has to pick up an even bigger bill. This is why all major UK insuances are more than happy to pay £150 + £20 a day.

However, if it was recovered by the Police for forensic purposes, then they are liable for the charges.

Hi Stu, Thank you for the reply.

I have paid the money as I wanted my bike back.

I need to clarify, that if the bike was needed for forensics then the Police are liable? Because if so, then I am owed £150.

Is there anywhere I can print this off from please?

TY,

Keith

SMUDGER

VIP

PostWed Feb 24, 2016 11:17 pm

If I'm mistaken the police usually tell the recovery to release without charge well been a while since I recovered a car

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

keith powell

VIP

PostSun Feb 28, 2016 4:05 pm

I haven't heard anything either way so far. I can't find anything on the net. I guess if they can get out of paying they will.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Barts dad

PostSun Feb 28, 2016 5:12 pm

Keith. From my experience I doubt very much that the bike was recovered by the police for forensic reasons, due to the fact that any prints found on it, even if they matched those of the scum bag under arrest, would be insufficient evidence to warrant a charge of Theft or other offences. Probably more of a case that it was recovered for security reasons as has already been posted.

In any event you can always ask the police why it was recovered by them. It will be recorded on the incident log.

keith powell

VIP

PostSun Feb 28, 2016 11:18 pm

I was told that the bike was being kept in the CSI part of Mansfiled as Forensics were looking at it.
Plus the bike was covered in a lot of white powder. They have charged a guy with the theft as well as other things a, I have been told, but I have been told other stuff too, that was untrue by the Police and by Mansfield group.
So I'm not sure what to believe, only the things I can see for myself, and there was a lot of powder.
If that means anything plus I have a form with the guys name on it, as they arrested him on my bike after evading arrest.

Barts dad

PostMon Feb 29, 2016 6:55 pm

keith powell wrote:I was told that the bike was being kept in the CSI part of Mansfiled as Forensics were looking at it.
Plus the bike was covered in a lot of white powder. They have charged a guy with the theft as well as other things a, I have been told, but I have been told other stuff too, that was untrue by the Police and by Mansfield group.
So I'm not sure what to believe, only the things I can see for myself, and there was a lot of powder.
If that means anything plus I have a form with the guys name on it, as they arrested him on my bike after evading arrest.

Ask what's on the incident log relating to the bike being recovered. Whoever you speak to can only read what's recorded on it.

keith powell

VIP

PostMon Feb 29, 2016 11:33 pm

speak to Police or Mansfield?? Where would the log be?
Thank BD :)

I dont think it will make any difference as i've paid, but I had to, as it was a £20 charge per day on top of the £150 recovery but it would be good to know and for others to know also.

Barts dad

PostTue Mar 01, 2016 2:09 pm

keith powell wrote:speak to Police or Mansfield?? Where would the log be?
Thank BD :)

I dont think it will make any difference as i've paid, but I had to, as it was a £20 charge per day on top of the £150 recovery but it would be good to know and for others to know also.

Police. All logs will be on computer. Remember. If you don't ask, you don't get.

signorejambo

PostSat Apr 16, 2016 12:44 am

I had an RS100 nicked years ago. Police knocked on my door a whole year later to inform me it had been in a RTC, and did I want it back? Told 'em to to crush it and hope the bastards were injured (they made off). He agreed (off the record), and that was the end of it.

Gutting feeling, having your rise taken, but you learn from you mistakes. Current bike is three feet from my head (outside, not in the house) with an Oxford chain and an alarm. Is worth a bit more mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keith powell

VIP

PostSat Apr 30, 2016 9:56 pm

Thanks all, case being heard on the 12 May in Liverpool Youth court.

Dont realy care now. Bike gone, moved on.
Previous

Return to Stolen Bikes