Centre stand.

Talk about anything bike related.
darthsmidge
Reactions:
Re: Centre stand.

Post by darthsmidge » 10 Sep 2015, 09:12

I strongly recommend getting a high quality one eg. Motrax that uses swingarm bobbins. So much easier than the cheap tubular ones that have L shaped pads you need to reposition every time

finchey63
Reactions:

Post by finchey63 » 10 Sep 2015, 09:26

darthsmidge wrote:I strongly recommend getting a high quality one eg. Motrax that uses swingarm bobbins. So much easier than the cheap tubular ones that have L shaped pads you need to reposition every time
The trouble with that is that my Cbr is a 1992 there no facility for bobbins.
So I'm going to have to have the ones with the cups instead of hooks. :(

darthsmidge
Reactions:

Post by darthsmidge » 10 Sep 2015, 09:52

finchey63 wrote:
darthsmidge wrote:I strongly recommend getting a high quality one eg. Motrax that uses swingarm bobbins. So much easier than the cheap tubular ones that have L shaped pads you need to reposition every time
If it bothers you, R&G do offset bobbins that replace the plates on the side of your swingarm. There's not one specifically for a '92 CBR600f but if you take the dimensions it might be worth an email to ask if any would fit.

http://www.rg-racing.com/browsetype/Cotton_Reels/Honda/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

finchey63
Reactions:

Post by finchey63 » 10 Sep 2015, 11:41

darthsmidge wrote:
finchey63 wrote:
If it bothers you, R&G do offset bobbins that replace the plates on the side of your swingarm. There's not one specifically for a '92 CBR600f but if you take the dimensions it might be worth an email to ask if any would fit.

http://www.rg-racing.com/browsetype/Cotton_Reels/Honda/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for the info mate.
I might look into them and see what they cost.
I don't want to spend to much just in case I don't like the paddock stands having not used them before.

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 10 Sep 2015, 15:20

finchey63 wrote:
If you use Facebook add the group honda cbr 600 steel frame racers get loads of info there about bobbins and stuff

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk
Last edited by SMUDGER on 10 Sep 2015, 16:01, edited 1 time in total.

finchey63
Reactions:

Post by finchey63 » 10 Sep 2015, 15:56

SMUDGER wrote:
finchey63 wrote:
If you use Facebook add the group her cbr 600 steel frame racers get loads of info there about bobbins and stuff

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk
Cheers mate but unfortunately i don't do Facebook.
I only just about manage forums. :lol:

Spanners
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Spanners » 10 Sep 2015, 20:13

Took my centre stand off the FZ, when it came to cleaning and maintenance just put it back on loose without the return spring. Took all of thirty seconds, easy.

finchey63
Reactions:

Post by finchey63 » 10 Sep 2015, 23:14

Spanners wrote:Took my centre stand off the FZ, when it came to cleaning and maintenance just put it back on loose without the return spring. Took all of thirty seconds, easy.
Top idea mate, I might give that a go if I don't get on with the paddock stands.