M6.. I give up

Talk about anything bike related.
Alb26
Reactions:
M6.. I give up

Post by Alb26 » 22 Aug 2015, 06:43

Of the late the M6 is extremely bad .. yesterday 21/8/ .. junctions 15 - 19 Northbound absolutely
rammed stop/ start through Staffs and Cheshire ... all caused by a traffic accident at Thelwall
Warrington much earlier in the day . cleared up but traffic flow never recovered, 4 hours in that
lot travelling with my family in the Citroen Bus ... bikers ok but extremely slow and filtering etc as they
do but touch and go .. its every Friday now and what a pain and a really bad advert for our country's
highways ... No cops , no one directing no one giving a monkeys .. all nearby routes choked up as well //
sorry about going on .. :cry:

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: M6.. I give up

Post by Cabernet » 22 Aug 2015, 07:33

One of the reasons we have switched to automatic cars.
Constant clutch feathering and gear changing in congested traffic.
Believe I am a better motorist for the change too.
Far more patient and forgiving.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

lee711
Reactions:

Post by lee711 » 22 Aug 2015, 08:49

M6, M62, M60, M56 the list goes on. I see this on a regular basis and basically the entire North West regions transport network is overwhelmed every rush hour, the system barely copes with the volume of modern traffic at the best of times, throw in a couple of RTC's and road works and the whole lot falls apart with the inevitable knock on effect on the lesser A roads. These are road systems built in the 50 - 60's expected to cope with 21st century demands. Last week i joined the M62 at J20 ( @ 4:30pm ) and it took me 2 1/2 hrs to get to M62 J9 where i had to pull up for 45mins tacho break, meaning i never got back to the work depot in Toxteth until 8:30pm. All because someone put their car on its roof at Birchwood, taking out 2 lanes.

markc
Reactions:

Post by markc » 22 Aug 2015, 09:03

lee711 wrote:M6, M62, M60, M56 the list goes on. I see this on a regular basis and basically the entire North West regions transport network is overwhelmed every rush hour, the system barely copes with the volume of modern traffic at the best of times, throw in a couple of RTC's and road works and the whole lot falls apart with the inevitable knock on effect on the lesser A roads. These are road systems built in the 50 - 60's expected to cope with 21st century demands. Last week i joined the M62 at J20 ( @ 4:30pm ) and it took me 2 1/2 hrs to get to M62 J9 where i had to pull up for 45mins tacho break, meaning i never got back to the work depot in Toxteth until 8:30pm. All because someone put their car on its roof at Birchwood, taking out 2 lanes.
Great post. My old man often talks like this, he's been driving all over Europe for 33 years and still dreads his drive back to the North West in the UK. Similar to yourself there's been occasions in the past few years where it would have meant another night away as his driving time was up due to our shambolic system. He just parks the truck and leaves it now (probably why he's had so many jobs!). Every credit to you guys who drive in the UK on a full time basis.

Chops Mcgoo
Reactions:

Post by Chops Mcgoo » 22 Aug 2015, 10:02

I feel your pain!

I have to commute to Birmingham once or twice a week and it's a nightmare!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 22 Aug 2015, 21:39

Cabernet wrote:One of the reasons we have switched to automatic cars.
awaiting next spring to make the change, driven my boss's car and its just so much smoother. Will miss the wheel spin drift starts and better MPG but lazy one foot driving FTW.

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 22 Aug 2015, 22:12

rumpoldstilskin wrote:
awaiting next spring to make the change, driven my boss's car and its just so much smoother. Will miss the wheel spin drift starts and better MPG but lazy one foot driving FTW.
Get better mpg as it's a diesel engine. Actually, it's better than what get from the V11 Guzzi, not that the Guzzi gets to cruise the motorways for miles on end at 65mpg.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 22 Aug 2015, 22:22

Cabernet wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:
Get better mpg as it's a diesel engine. Actually, it's better than what get from the Guzzi, not that the Guzzi gets to cruise the motorways for miles on end at 65mpg.
what car have you got Kev? Its an estate i'm currently looking at, an AWD x type Jag, V6. They look great, reliable and can fit all the camping gear and tow a boat (next years toy)

jaffa1963
Reactions:

Post by jaffa1963 » 23 Aug 2015, 07:32

I got a matchbox x type you can play with lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CRM » 23 Aug 2015, 13:51

rumpoldstilskin wrote:Will miss the wheel spin drift starts and better MPG but lazy one foot driving FTW.
I get better MPG from my auto than the manual equiv.
to be fair though it's still shite compared to what most of you will be used to i bet
Upgrade your account to VIP status to enable the Signature feature.