House tagging?

Talk about anything bike related.
rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:
House tagging?

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 14 Aug 2015, 23:39

Now all please bear with me and remember the lad from Smellen's doesn't really do computerified things.

A fair few years back, strangely a fortnight before a mugging, my gran (84years young) caught the train home from liverpool. As she took off her coat she noticed a very large white 'X' on the back of her coat in chalk. Thinking noting of it at the time she never said ewt.
2 weeks later, some scummy 19 year old mugged her in broad daylight in the very same coat (she had wiped but not fully removed this 'X'.
Now the arresting police officer said it was a new thing, a way of inadvertently advertising who should be targeted.

This was 10 years ago now.

This evening I have just been speaking to a friend from the Wirral who said apparently there is a gang, as yet unknown, spray painting a motorcyle stencil outside the houses of people who own bikes.
Now his hasn't been stolen, nor attempted, but this 'tag' was done at some point today.

Just posting to make sure you're all a little more observant in the next few weeks to things outside your house.

Similar to this by all accounts;

bloke
Reactions:
Re: House tagging?

Post by bloke » 14 Aug 2015, 23:44

oh fuck off!! might as well just paint 'steal bike from here'

more internet shite, no doubt fuckbook to blame. not heard a thing about it and i live on the wirral.

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 15 Aug 2015, 10:44

bloke wrote:oh fuck off!! might as well just paint 'steal bike from here'

more internet shite, no doubt fuckbook to blame. not heard a thing about it and i live on the wirral.
i'm not on facebook so i wouldn't have a clue. Just passing on what i heard.

Adam
Reactions:

Post by Adam » 15 Aug 2015, 10:47

I seen the post on Facebook rump, it looked like from a normal person not a viral shared fake page, but hard to tell if it's true.

I don't understand markings like this, surely if they want your bike they will remember your address and have a go at taking it

Baldrick
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Baldrick » 15 Aug 2015, 11:14

I've seen this on facebook as well, my first thought was "What a load of bollocks" surely even thick as pigshit thieving chavs would not use something so unimaginative and obvious as that to mark a property, you would immediately be suspicious if that appeared on your garden wall.
I'm afraid it's just another facebook urban myth looking to get shares and likes, facebook is absolutely full of them it's got to the point where you even doubt your own posts on there. :lol:

stewslash
Reactions:

Post by stewslash » 15 Aug 2015, 17:50

why would they tag a house for "other" scum to steal the bike when they would just take it themselves ?

Bandit2beemer
Reactions:

Post by Bandit2beemer » 15 Aug 2015, 18:44

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7164206 ... 861020681/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is this the link ?

Sav
Reactions:

Post by Sav » 15 Aug 2015, 22:00

That's the link, i got sent it on FB too, by a concerned friend !

pip
VIP
Reactions:

Post by pip » 16 Aug 2015, 06:44

bloke wrote:oh fuck off!! might as well just paint 'steal bike from here'

and the winner for quote of the week is. made me laugh. :D :D

Cliff
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Cliff » 22 Aug 2015, 10:08

The chalk on the coat is an old thing, that's why pickpocket victims are called a Mark.
I've not heard of the bike logo thing, sounds like bolo. But there is definitely house marking going on. A girl I know called the cops out to look at one on her property and they said it is going on in the area.
It's all about the TT ....