Bluetooth helmet speaker

Talk about anything bike related.
Jim27
VIP
Reactions:
Bluetooth helmet speaker

Post by Jim27 » 13 Aug 2015, 10:38

Anyone got any recommendations for a decent bluetooth helmet speaker that doesn't cost the earth? I just want to be able to hear satnav directions, but every bluetooth system I find is an intercom/microphone kit with sound cancellation, 2 way comms etc. so costs way more than I want to spend.

Have looked at earbuds but I value my hearing and although they'd let me heard the satnav, they don't offer much in the way of proper hearing protection.

There are wired systems out there but I'd much prefer a wireless bluetooth setup. I'd also like on with replaceable batteries. It's fine having a sealed rechargeable unit but if your battery dies halfway through a journey you're screwed so being able to put spare batteries in would be nice too :)
Jim's words of wisdom:
We're here for a good time, not a long time.
The power to change your life comes from taking total responsibility for it.

Fronkey
Reactions:
Re: Bluetooth helmet speaker

Post by Fronkey » 13 Aug 2015, 11:43

I use scarla rider g9 they are great. Listen to music and my sat nav. Even has a built in radio.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

pch1
VIP
Reactions:

Post by pch1 » 13 Aug 2015, 12:00

Fronkey wrote:I use scarla rider g9 they are great. Listen to music and my sat nav. Even has a built in radio.

Any idea if the fit into Arai helmets?
I have the Arai Quantum ST2

norifan
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by norifan » 13 Aug 2015, 12:11

We use a scala bluetooth intercom and its been great, its getting a bit tired now tho, doesn't seem to last long and knocks off in the middle of conversation etc. Not sure if batteries can be replaced or need to buy new units. I suspect the latter

norifan
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by norifan » 13 Aug 2015, 12:13

pch1 wrote:
Fronkey wrote:I use scarla rider g9 they are great. Listen to music and my sat nav. Even has a built in radio.

I fitted it into the wife's Arai( cant remember model) it seemed to go in better than my shoei

Fronkey
Reactions:

Post by Fronkey » 13 Aug 2015, 12:22

Mine fitted in a shark. The helmet not the fish

Jim27
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Jim27 » 13 Aug 2015, 12:58

Cheers for the input, guys. Someone else has recommended the BT Interphone 800M which is cheap as chips at £30 ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BT-Interphone ... 3aae13bc89" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) so I've ordered one of those to try out. It seems generally the price difference is mainly down to each system's ability to handle communication (via telephone calls and intercom), but the speaker function is pretty much of a muchness, so I can't really see much benefit in going for a more expensive system over this, when what I'll be paying for (mostly) is higher quality in the functions that I don't plan on using anyway.

Paul - I'm fitting it to my Arai RX7 GP so will let you know how well it fits.
Jim's words of wisdom:
We're here for a good time, not a long time.
The power to change your life comes from taking total responsibility for it.

pch1
VIP
Reactions:

Post by pch1 » 13 Aug 2015, 13:11

Jim27 wrote:Cheers for the input, guys. Someone else has recommended the BT Interphone 800M which is cheap as chips at £30 ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BT-Interphone ... 3aae13bc89" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) so I've ordered one of those to try out. It seems generally the price difference is mainly down to each system's ability to handle communication (via telephone calls and intercom), but the speaker function is pretty much of a muchness, so I can't really see much benefit in going for a more expensive system over this, when what I'll be paying for (mostly) is higher quality in the functions that I don't plan on using anyway.

Paul - I'm fitting it to my Arai RX7 GP so will let you know how well it fits.
Thanks Jim, please keep me posted Image

norifan
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by norifan » 13 Aug 2015, 17:00

pch1 wrote:

Ours is the Scala teamset pro rider to passenger intercom and the wife's helmet
Is an Arai Chaser-V if that's any more help to you.

a_monkey_hint
Reactions:

Post by a_monkey_hint » 13 Aug 2015, 20:47

I've got the AGV share, not sure on its compatibility to non-agv helmets though.