Benny's Bench Ride (For Those Of Us Who Like The Sun)

Talk about anything bike related.
Dooffle
Reactions:
Benny's Bench Ride (For Those Of Us Who Like The Sun)

Post by Dooffle » 25 Jul 2015, 19:49

Cabernet and myself decided to go for it today.

Crackin' ride with the sun shining on us, Martin must have booked it. 8-) Started out with a great breakfast at Sleap Airfield near Wem, recommend that one, then off on a round trip to Rhayader. Headed down the A488 to Clun then over to Newtown for a gentle poottle to Crossgates :evil: for a cuppa.
Took an alternative route to Builth Wells via the A44 and A481 (cracking stretch, keep it quiet), A483 from Builth to Belauh and back up to the A470 into Rhayader for a picnic at the bench, once we found it. :?

Return route was over the top on the B4518 then round the houses to Lake Vyrnwy, superb ride great roads and good company, I'd say great but it was Cab! :lol:

Oh and Cab, tuck your shoulders in, them Range Rovers take up alot of road. :shock:

Two dirty twins.

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Benny's Bench Ride (For Those Of Us Who Like The Sun)

Post by Cabernet » 25 Jul 2015, 20:29

Twas a quality days riding. Just a shame about the fuel stops.
Some new roads to me, and Joise does make a cracking breakfast.
Cheers for the guide Mr Cole.
Best British ride this year.

Enjoy tomorrow fellas.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

Occams Razor
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Occams Razor » 25 Jul 2015, 20:52

Good effort, wish I could have joined you. I will get down there in the next few weeks though.

Pacuk
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Pacuk » 25 Jul 2015, 21:58

I was in Builth today traveling back from Tenby, what a road the a483 is in places..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 25 Jul 2015, 22:04

You missed a top day. Good unurgent progress on technical mind focusing roads. Minds fried now.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 25 Jul 2015, 22:40

Dooffle wrote: Image
Glad you both had a nice ride... Like both of the pictures, and two nice bikes there

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 26 Jul 2015, 16:06

Pacuk wrote:I was in Builth today traveling back from Tenby, what a road the a483 is in places..

haven't ever ridden down on my bikes yet but i go to Tenby/Saundersfoot 2 or 3 times a year camping etc such a beautiful part of Wales, and the 483 as you mentioned, although a dual carriage way in some places, is smooth a glass now through the mountains and the new bypass has some lovey banking and corners on it.

Pacuk
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Pacuk » 26 Jul 2015, 16:32

rumpoldstilskin wrote:
Pacuk wrote:I was in Builth today traveling back from Tenby, what a road the a483 is in places..

haven't ever ridden down on my bikes yet but i go to Tenby/Saundersfoot 2 or 3 times a year camping etc such a beautiful part of Wales, and the 483 as you mentioned, although a dual carriage way in some places, is smooth a glass now through the mountains and the new bypass has some lovey banking and corners on it.
I'm gonna chuck my camping gear on the bike and bugger off down that way when the kids have gone back to school.

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 26 Jul 2015, 16:35

Wouldn't mind joining you on that.

Best campsite for postion i have come across is trevayne farm in Monkstone (between Tenby and Saundersfoot on the cliff) or theres one pretty much on the beach at Wisemans bridge. (Next beach, 10 meters, from Saundersfoot)

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 26 Jul 2015, 16:36

Also a family friend owns Kiln Park in Tenby, more of a site for familys who want a pub on site etc but none the less a good base and right by everything.