Staying in Hotel

Talk about anything bike related.
Chops Mcgoo
Reactions:
Re: Staying in Hotel

Post by Chops Mcgoo » 21 Jul 2015, 18:42

Well, made it to Hereford! Just the small matter of going to work tomorrow then I can enjoy the ride back!!!!

Also got a disc lock....better safe than sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BO60BYS
Reactions:

Post by BO60BYS » 21 Jul 2015, 21:59

I personally dont like the idea of leaving a bike outside anywhere not chained down to something, i would contact the hotel see if they have any sort of storage or sort it when you get there, iv seen people store bikes in the same little cubby as the bin storage in some hotels or guest houses so its out of sight and still locked up.

or if the desk clerk falls asleep push it past into the lift and take it to your room :) can't say anything when you are rolling it out in the morning ahaha.

forgot to add slip the desk clerk a tenner and he will sort you out :D (not for other services i mean about your bike)

Fronkey
Reactions:

Post by Fronkey » 22 Jul 2015, 15:00

You can't leave the things anywhere now a days. If I go into town I put it in a secure underground car park.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Chops Mcgoo
Reactions:

Post by Chops Mcgoo » 22 Jul 2015, 19:54

I managed to find a nice BnB well out of town which I have stayed at before. Down a country lane so nice and safe!

Cracking ride back up the A49 much better than the M6 / M5 I took going!

keith powell
VIP
Reactions:

Post by keith powell » 23 Jul 2015, 14:53

Chops Mcgoo wrote:I managed to find a nice BnB well out of town which I have stayed at before. Down a country lane so nice and safe!

Cracking ride back up the A49 Image much better than the M6 / M5 I took going!

I know I can't use the motorway as I'm a L plate, but I wouldn't use it unless it was desperate to be honest anyways. The A49 us a nice road to use. If you have the time. :)

sent from somewhere in the uk

Cliff
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Cliff » 24 Jul 2015, 06:54

It's worth checking your insurance about disc locks etc. Some companies insist on a secondary lock like this or you don't have theft cover. I had one of the Xena alarmed locks mentioned, it seemed strong enough, but it used to go off when it got wet. Maybe I just had a duff one?
It's all about the TT ....

C-J
Reactions:

Post by C-J » 24 Jul 2015, 09:24

I used to spend a lot of time in travelodges because of work. Just parked right outside main entrance in view of camera and front desk. Only concern I had was Polish builders putting their empty special brew cans on it...