Post by Dave » 04 Jul 2015, 09:30

quite a picture for the T shirt riders

I saw a scooter rider rider on Weds …………in flip flops !!! jeeeez

:

MR SLIKE
Reactions:
Re: Warm Weather riding

Post by MR SLIKE » 04 Jul 2015, 10:49

I saw a guy yesterday on my way home with a t shirt on, not sure what bike it was but it was but he'd just come off the motorway too, my gear isn't the big brands but jees ide never get on my bike without it on.

z750

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 04 Jul 2015, 12:18

Rode round italy in jean n t shirt for three days cos it was just too hot for leathers.
I decided id rather be more alert and able to concentrate.

Each to their own.

cupidstunt
VIP
Reactions:

Post by cupidstunt » 04 Jul 2015, 13:19

Rather wear me gear and take all my skin home with me
:geek: HEAD PERVERT :geek:

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 04 Jul 2015, 14:34

I rode 1200 miles wearing a t-shirt on a Harley in America as it was regularly over 40

When I wear less protective gear I ride accordingly... of course accidents can happen but I'm fully aware of the risks

This comes up a lot... Another example is if I want to ride 1 mile to a shop in a 20mph area I wouldn't wear a helmet if it wasn't the law - I'm not saying others shouldn't, or that it's not a risk, but I'm saying I shouldn't have to... Like wise if I was going for a spin in round country lanes I wouldn't dream of not having a helmet on... Just being on a bike in the first place is a calculated risk anyway, we all just have different limits

Dave_W
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Dave_W » 04 Jul 2015, 16:18

I think the rule of thumb is something like 1mm skin loss for every 1 second you slide on tarmac in the dry without protection. I wear mine in all weather's but I don't smell great lately.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 04 Jul 2015, 16:27

Couldnt agree more.
Clarkey wrote:I rode 1200 miles wearing a t-shirt on a Harley in America as it was regularly over 40

When I wear less protective gear I ride accordingly... of course accidents can happen but I'm fully aware of the risks

This comes up a lot... Another example is if I want to ride 1 mile to a shop in a 20mph area I wouldn't wear a helmet if it wasn't the law - I'm not saying others shouldn't, or that it's not a risk, but I'm saying I shouldn't have to... Like wise if I was going for a spin in round country lanes I wouldn't dream of not having a helmet on... Just being on a bike in the first place is a calculated risk anyway, we all just have different limits

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 04 Jul 2015, 16:40

Just purchased a new lid and jackets for the warmer weather. My leathers started to smell like they were rotting!! Whilst they are being cleaned i have a new Bull-it SR6 carbon jacket and boy is she light and comfortable with all modern carbon kevlar type material alien shit lining and armour yet weights about two cans of coke!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soviet
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Soviet » 04 Jul 2015, 17:00

There was a MASSIVE thread on MCN on this this week - 99.9% vote gear and then turned on the 0.1% who were daft enough to try and argue that wearing underpants and a vest is ok - some posts from emergency services personnel with first hand experience of the results - even the good but cheapest of gear is probably 90% effective as the best - I reckon spending £5k on a bike should allow a minimum of £500 on gear if not more - it lasts a while and can be comfy - had my textile top fully vented today and it was quite pleasant ...either way sweaty balls or not I know my skins won't be grated off down to the bone in a spill...

Marco
Reactions:

Post by Marco » 04 Jul 2015, 19:07

There will always be a debate on it. The reason we ride is because we enjoy it the freedom the thrill of the danger etc. when riding in hot weather in t-shirt and that can add to the danger but more then anything some think it looks cool others like to be cool there is nothing worse then being sat at lights in full kit ontop of a 100* engine it's as bad as goin down a motorway when it's lashing it down and freezing cold. U chose to wear or not wear it it's all personal choice if we all had to be the same (bike, kit etc) it would be quite shit tbf each to there own we all no the risk