Yamaha MT09 Tracer 1st Impressions

Talk about anything bike related.
gingerb
Reactions:
Re: Yamaha MT09 Tracer 1st Impressions

Post by gingerb » 03 Jul 2015, 07:33

Been thinking about saving pennies for one of these - be interested if the very few niggles sort themselves out after you've run it in so please post updates :D :mrgreen:

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 03 Jul 2015, 07:36

Well we'll just have to get together in September and compare mpgs between the Breva n MT-09 over a run. Let's face, you'll only need rain mode.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

Occams Razor
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Occams Razor » 03 Jul 2015, 09:35

gingerb wrote:Been thinking about saving pennies for one of these - be interested if the very few niggles sort themselves out after you've run it in so please post updates :D :mrgreen:
I will do, make sure you have a test ride on one before committing, they're VERY tall although there is a lower seat option as an extra. Have a good look at the MT07 as well, probably a better bike than the MT09 but it just too small for me.

Occams Razor
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Occams Razor » 03 Jul 2015, 09:37

Cabernet wrote:Well we'll just have to get together in September and compare mpgs between the Breva n MT-09 over a run. Let's face, you'll only need rain mode.
Apparently mine's got an MPG reading, I'll have a play with the display when I can be bothered having a proper look at the user manual. Definitely up for a play out soon though although I'll need A mode to hang onto you.

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 03 Jul 2015, 13:06

Occams Razor wrote:
Cabernet wrote:Well we'll just have to get together in September and compare mpgs between the Breva n MT-09 over a run. Let's face, you'll only need rain mode.
although I'll need A mode to hang onto you.
You flatter me beyond reason.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

MR SLIKE
Reactions:

Post by MR SLIKE » 03 Jul 2015, 20:25

Sounds mint, post some pics of it fella :-)

z750

CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CRM » 05 Jul 2015, 13:21

my 2c after a brief ride of it.
Well it's quite tall ? that said it handles it's weight quite well but make no mistake this is a huuuuge bike compared to the MT07
the brakes are fantastic, engine is a grunty bugger, ride quality is good, riding position is great - i see what you mean about the throttle being a bit on or off and it could make junctions worrying if a new or inexperienced rider.
One thing i noticed just how noisy my helmet was when riding, it would benefit from an aftermarket screen or just a lower one i think.
I liked it but it's really not for me to be honest nor really suited to someone sub 5'10 and 14 stone who's a bit nervous to shove and manhandle a bike around.

Thanks for the ride Phil and good to see you again pal
Upgrade your account to VIP status to enable the Signature feature.

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 05 Jul 2015, 14:56

Seat is 10mm lower than the sd so be fine for my little legs.

Occams Razor
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Occams Razor » 05 Jul 2015, 15:44

CRM wrote:my 2c after a brief ride of it.
Well it's quite tall ? that said it handles it's weight quite well but make no mistake this is a huuuuge bike compared to the MT07
the brakes are fantastic, engine is a grunty bugger, ride quality is good, riding position is great - i see what you mean about the throttle being a bit on or off and it could make junctions worrying if a new or inexperienced rider.
One thing i noticed just how noisy my helmet was when riding, it would benefit from an aftermarket screen or just a lower one i think.
I liked it but it's really not for me to be honest nor really suited to someone sub 5'10 and 14 stone who's a bit nervous to shove and manhandle a bike around.

Thanks for the ride Phil and good to see you again pal
You too Paul, it's good to get a different persective, my head's clearing from the 2 stroke fumes now and thnks for the go on the CBR, I can see why they're so popular, just so intuitive to ride.

CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CRM » 06 Jul 2015, 07:35

Yeah sorry Phil, my manners should have bought you the drink to wash out the 2 stroke fumes you had to endure.
Upgrade your account to VIP status to enable the Signature feature.