getting pins and needles in my hands after riding for 10 min

Talk about anything bike related.
BikerDan1
Reactions:

Post by BikerDan1 » 29 Jun 2015, 21:45

I have been riding for 8 years now and for some reason I have started getting pins and needles in my hands followed by them starting to go numb, has any one had this issue if so any ideas what could be causing it as I am a bit worried about it.

Dave_W
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: getting pins and needles in my hands after riding for 10

Post by Dave_W » 29 Jun 2015, 21:53

There's an article on MCN
https://forum.motorcyclenews.com/topic/ ... hange-bike" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

BikerDan1
Reactions:

Post by BikerDan1 » 29 Jun 2015, 22:04

Thing is I am only 25 and it's on a street triple r

Dave
Reactions:

Post by Dave » 29 Jun 2015, 22:17

is it being caused by the vibrations ? theres some grip wraps called grip puppies they can help with that ….but they do make the grips fatter and feel strange o begin with
:

Alb26
Reactions:

Post by Alb26 » 29 Jun 2015, 22:40

Do you remember the NCB coal miners ,,, who can forget them ... them lads suffered many afflictions and ailments
but one was especially prevalent .." vibration knuckle white finger " ... caused my mining holding powerful
coal mining equipment .. for hours drills , pressure lines , machinery , routers.. etc all sorts ... symptoms are similar and needles and pins pains , loss of power and grip so on so forth ... maybe from years of holding bike bars on bikes,
get checked out m8 . wear gloves , set up right on your motorcycle.

Dave_W
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Dave_W » 29 Jun 2015, 23:00

IMHO your lean angle back to front distributes weight to your arms and wrists and it's your hands and shoulders that take the brunt. The other thing is how tight you grip the bars. No harm in getting it checked out but try moving your bars and move some weight back to centre.

jimmytanko
Reactions:

Post by jimmytanko » 29 Jun 2015, 23:31

Too much wanking

Sent from my SO-01G using Tapatalk

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 30 Jun 2015, 07:26

Dave_W wrote:IMHO your lean angle back to front distributes weight to your arms and wrists and it's your hands and shoulders that take the brunt. The other thing is how tight you grip the bars. No harm in getting it checked out but try moving your bars and move some weight back to centre.

I thought about sending you a PM, but feel what I am about to write may be useful to others too.

Having ridden roadsters and tourers most of my ridding life, I did not need to worry about wrist and arm loading.
However, when I bought my V11 I began to learn, then adding lower clip-ons, I learnt a lot more about posture.

In my experience, the more prone we ride the more we need to focus on taking our upper body mass on our back and legs, particularly while braking and neutral or negative acceleration corning. If we lock our arms we load up the front suspension and inhibit it from working properly or freely. We also over distort the front tyre causing an amplification in the cone effect, causing a strange sensation, which in my case reduces confidence and causes me to run wide.

Indeed, when riding following riders may notice me suddenly duck down mid-corner and lead with my chin to the apex or exit.This is because I went into the bend with my arms too straight and have corrected mid corner, a muscle memory reaction now I am pleased to say.

I am far from a race god, but when we watch them they arm always arms bent, loose and relaxed.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

BikerDan1
Reactions:

Post by BikerDan1 » 30 Jun 2015, 12:19

Thing is I do a lot of manual labour from fitting stoves and use a lot of hammer drills and sds breakers so this could well be what's contributing to my problem, I think a trip to the doctors is needed

Pacuk
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Pacuk » 30 Jun 2015, 13:20

Sounds exactly what I used to get bad and now just a little.. Carpel tunnel syndrome, i started doing some simple stretches and it's nowhere near as bad so could be worth a try..
This one
And the other is stand side on to a wall with your arm out palm to to wall.. Turn to face away from the wall out stretch other arm and down turn your thumb..
I used to get this really bad and now it's a lot milder and normally whilst doing a lot of slow riding ( town centres etc )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk