Re: Motorcycle jeans

Post by MR SLIKE » 27 Jun 2015, 11:10

Best not nest :-)

z750

jimmytanko
Reactions:

Post by jimmytanko » 27 Jun 2015, 11:12

I've ordered some dainese jeans from fcmoto just waiting for them to be delivered now, £82 not too bad

Sent from my SO-01G using Tapatalk

Tonka supertramp
Reactions:

Post by Tonka supertramp » 27 Jun 2015, 11:15

If any one can sawn I can get the Kevlar material you could make your own

Thsts my plan but I've no sawing machine

pch1
VIP
Reactions:

Post by pch1 » 27 Jun 2015, 13:02

Soviet wrote:
pch1 wrote:I've bought a pair of Resurgence Jeans, how do they compare to the other brands?

Pic on resurgence and dragging below - having a quick look the winners are :

Ride Recommended :
Resurgence Voyager £240 - 17/20
Draggin Holeshot £260 - 16/20
Bull-It Veloce £240 - 15/20
Roadskin Beast £150 - 13/20

No Best Buy - looks like you get what you pay for - the cheaper models had really poor protection scores to the CE standards (1-2s out of 10 points in the score) - Ride did this from desktop data (rather than their own crash testing) .

They also say that wearing an armour undersuit under ordinary jeans might offer similar protection to the cheaper biker jeans...

I've got some RST jeans which weren't even tested but I'm sure won't have fared well

If you want to read the full review head down to the bikers library at WH Smith / Asda / Tesco newstands - lol

I paid £178 for my Resurgence jeans when I bought them direct from the USA website (note that these jeans are not CE marked as they're not intended for the European market).
The jeans are well made, appear to be of robust construction, come complete with Knox knee and hip armour, and as a bonus have an inner mesh liner - Kevlar direct on skin can be very itchy.

pch1
VIP
Reactions:

Post by pch1 » 27 Jun 2015, 16:51

jimmytanko wrote:I've ordered some dainese jeans from fcmoto just waiting for them to be delivered now, £82 not too bad

Hope you've got skinny legs mate, I've tried Dainese jeans and couldn't get them up over my thighs Image

Soviet
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Soviet » 27 Jun 2015, 22:57

pch1 wrote:I paid £178 for my Resurgence jeans when I bought them direct from the USA website (note that these jeans are not CE marked as they're not intended for the European market).
The jeans are well made, appear to be of robust construction, come complete with Knox knee and hip armour, and as a bonus have an inner mesh liner - Kevlar direct on skin can be very itchy.
Sounds like a bargain the 3 expensive recommended buys were heads and shoulders above the rest ...

Goody
Reactions:

Post by Goody » 27 Jun 2015, 23:34

MR SLIKE wrote:Best not nest :-)

z750
Ha ha,to be fair that's all you can do,buy the best to your budget,I haved on off in draggin jeans ( that I highly recommend) and ixs leathers (the only leathers that actually fit me) and red route jeans bought a few weeks ago,I'm more than happy with all my kit but do find it strange that a lot of people read bike mags and take what's written as gospel,IMO if it feels right it is,20yrs ago a pair of doc martins would piss over ya latest alpinestars (and prob still would) wtf I have astars army and navy next time :D

jimmytanko
Reactions:

Post by jimmytanko » 28 Jun 2015, 07:23

pch1 wrote:
jimmytanko wrote:I've ordered some dainese jeans from fcmoto just waiting for them to be delivered now, £82 not too bad

Hope you've got skinny legs mate, I've tried Dainese jeans and couldn't get them up over my thighs Image
Nope mine aren't that skinny :(
I went trying loads on and then ordered the best ones online cheaper, now you've got me thinking that maybe it was the alpinestars ones that fit me best not the dainese haha.
Oh well will see when they turn up I guess

pch1
VIP
Reactions:

Post by pch1 » 28 Jun 2015, 07:27

jimmytanko wrote:
pch1 wrote:

Nope mine aren't that skinny :(
I went trying loads on and then ordered the best ones online cheaper, now you've got me thinking that maybe it was the alpinestars ones that fit me best not the dainese haha.
Oh well will see when they turn up I guess

I spent ages in Dainese Manchester trying on all their jeans and none of them fitted me well enough to warrant purchasing.
I should add that I've got a big bushman arse and relatively big thighs :lol:

MR SLIKE
Reactions:

Post by MR SLIKE » 28 Jun 2015, 15:35

Goody wrote:
MR SLIKE wrote:Best not nest :-)

z750
Ha ha,to be fair that's all you can do,buy the best to your budget,I haved on off in draggin jeans ( that I highly recommend) and ixs leathers (the only leathers that actually fit me) and red route jeans bought a few weeks ago,I'm more than happy with all my kit but do find it strange that a lot of people read bike mags and take what's written as gospel,IMO if it feels right it is,20yrs ago a pair of doc martins would piss over ya latest alpinestars (and prob still would) wtf I have astars army and navy next time :D
Totally agree, Doc Martins are the carbon fibre of the 80-90s lol

z750