Moto Guzzi Breva 750 @cab

Talk about anything bike related.
REMOVED
Account Deactivated By User Request
Reactions:
Moto Guzzi Breva 750 @cab

Post by REMOVED » 18 Jun 2015, 18:12

@cab seen this bike, what do you think? is it the right price ect.
Looks sweet is there anything to watch out for when buying a Guzzi?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321784185691? ... rmvSB=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Moto Guzzi Breva 750 @cab

Post by Cabernet » 18 Jun 2015, 18:58

It does not give the mileage.
Price looks £600-900 heavy for my wallet, depending on the warranty they offer, tyres and pads.

The clutch on the injection small block is only just sprung enough.
Riding Let the clutch engage fully at 2000 rpm in third, then crack the throttle oven hard to around 5000 rpm and listen for the clutch slipping. If it does walk away.

The clocks are known to occasionally mist up, but stored in the shop you not gonna find this.
Watch the speedo for jerky indication at steady speeds.
That said, this is only suffered by a marginal number of this model that are ridden all year round.

If you buy it,
* keep clutch slip to moving off and learn to change up clutchlessly or with minimum.
* an go to Europe avoid E10 fuel like the plague. In the UK you fine at the moment on unleaded (which can be upto E5, but if you are gonna store it over winter, run the last couple of tanks on super 98 octane and fill it full to store according to the MGCGB forum experience or alternatively completely drain it. The reason being the tank is plastic and not ethanol friendly. A negotiation point perhaps.
If you can go to £4.5 - 5k the metal tanked V7 is a better bike.

In my opinion, the Breva 750 was the most reliable bike Guzzi produced until the release of the metal tanked V7 with single throttle body. Some Guzzi owners have got rid of them because they have nothing to tinker with. :lol:

What makes you fancy a Guzzi?
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

REMOVED
Account Deactivated By User Request
Reactions:

Post by REMOVED » 18 Jun 2015, 20:11

Just looked so nice, and I only ride slow, so would be good instead of the Z750, love the Z but not brill on fuel on the commute.

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 18 Jun 2015, 21:09

Top side of 60mpg.
Light and nimble in traffic.
Easily cope with normal motorway speeds.
Initially quick off the lights, but you'll soon run out of 1st just when the Z would be getting in it's stride.
That said, you'll be surprised just how quick they will cover ground.
Been deep into Germany once, and Switzerland twice with faster bikes, but never been the anything like the slowest in the packs, other than in an illegal straight line.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,